*Chapter Eighteen*

*Chapter Eighteen*

I admit that as the party progressed, my mood seemed to lift. A part of me was guilty that I could have fun when one of my best friends was kidnapped and the other, missing. Another part of me was relieved that I could finally relax after all the tension going on in my life.

“Hey, care to come for a drink?”

I glanced up to see a boy a year or two older than me with light freckles on his cheek staring at me. He had an assertive grin that clearly suggested that he didn’t ever consider me to decline his offer.

“Sorry, I don’t drink,” I told him.

“Oh c’mon, it’s a party. I’ll treat you,” his light brown hair waved from side to side. For a human, he wasn’t bad-looking, which explained his cocky attitude.

“Nope,” I declined and turned back to stare at the waves crashing against the shore.

“Man, you totally got rejected,” his friend piped up from next to him with a grin.

“Shut up,” he snapped, color quickly rising to his cheek.

“Girl,” he addressed me, “just one drink.”

“She’s not interested.”

Rolling my eyes, I didn’t even bother turning around. I felt the human guy leave, and Lyorin let out a long sigh.

“What? Fifth one already?”

“I had six girls coming up to me and asking about our relation with each other,” I said and tried not to smile at the annoyed smile on his face.

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I let the warm wind caress my face and focused on the scent around us. My eyes suddenly snapped open.

A man in his late thirties approached me with a warm smile. Trying to be polite, I returned the smile.

“Greetings, Lord Lyorin and Lady Azura,” he said politely and quietly.

“Hello, Tom.”

“Don’t worry, Lady Azura,” he assured me after seeing the alarmed look on my face. “I am an old acquaintance of the Evaldors, and I’ve seen Flora and Lyorin grow up myself. I don’t believe the Royal News.”

“Thank you,” Lyorin said, and Tom switched his black eyes back to Lyorin. “I’m grateful that you invited us. I would appreciate it if you don’t tell anyone that we’re staying in this town.”

I shot him a brief glance. I never knew that he could be so…professional. The Lyorin right now sounds way too formal for my liking, and I couldn’t help but feel that it just doesn’t sound right coming from him.