THIRTY-SIX

THIRTY-SIX

Everything happened so fast after that.

Link materialised next to me, lifted me off the chair and pushed me out the door all in a matter of seconds. I didn't even have a chance to catch my breath which I presumably left behind me.

"Link!" I yelled at him, which he bravery ignored. He had his fingers wrapped around my wrist tightly and was using that hold to steer me in whatever direction pleased him.

We were going up a set of stairs, my legs wobbling under me after each step since they still didn't recover from whatever the hell happened in that room. I was still shaken up, which was probably why I allowed Link to drag me all the way up these deadly stairs and right into another hallway.

This one looked desolated, seeming as though no one ventured to these parts unless they really needed to. It was oddly quiet and very dark until Link further dragged me in and that's when the automatic lights switched on.

"Link, what the hell?" I exclaimed at him although he still ignored me. He didn't turn around to look at me, address me, give me any sort of hint that he was acknowledging me. It frustrated me to another level at how he was acting, let alone towards me.

He came to a sudden halt in front of a closed door. "Wait here," he said in an icy tone without turning around. I reared my head back, even though he couldn't see me but I was convinced no one could not, not feel the wrath I sent upon him, even Link himself.

The minute he dropped the hold he had on my wrist, I flicked around on my heel and started to walk away. I didn't get the chance to get the second step in as Link grabbed my arm and yanked me back to him. "I should have known you wouldn't listen," he muttered to himself mostly and hauled me into the room.

"Of course I wouldn't you idiot!" I yelled at him incredulously. What was going on with him?

He slammed the door behind me and let go off me once again, this time with a warning. "Don't try to leave again."

I gaped at him. "Don't even-" I started to say but Link just turned around and started grabbing for random stuff in the room.

My eyes followed every of his movement and I didn't give myself a chance to look around and register that we were in a bedroom until Link dropped to his knees and pulled something from under the bed. The whole room seemed so dull and basic. A bed and a small dresser and that was it. But it was filled with stuff, which I assumed was Link's stuff what with the way he was going through it.

I didn't question anything, and instead watched Link who seemed like he lost something. I would have offered to help him look for whatever it was, but I was still reeling over his sudden need to drag me everywhere and dish out orders. So I just kept my eyes on him, staying as close to the door with my arms crossed on my chest.

When he finally got off the floor, I noticed his hands were bare. "Didn't find what you were looking for?" I asked, my voice coming out fake.

He shot his eyes at me, an icy glare hitting me so hard that I had to look away.

I heard some more ruffling, followed by silence, and then Link came in front of me. I turned my head to face him and raised one eyebrow at him. "Done?"

"Yeah," he reached for my hand again but this time I furiously yanked it away from his reach.

"I don't think so." I gritted through my teeth.

He let out an annoyed sigh. "Quit being a child Ori and let's get out of here."

"Quit being a child?" I repeated incredulously.