Stolen Hearts

STOLEN HEARTS

Author:

KatherineArlene

Description:

'What do you people want from me? If you want ransom, my family will pay,' he said fervently, grabbing her hand. 'Whatever you want, they'll get it! They'll pay anything!' he pleaded, willing her to believe him. She slumped and gently pulled her hand out of his, saying softly, 'I don't think your family will be asked for ransom. I know it's hard to believe, but you will be going home before too long.' He felt despair wash over him. A request for ransom offered a sliver of hope he'd be home soon. Knowing they weren't asking for it brought the panic a little closer to the surface. 'When am I going home?' he begged. 'I don't know when,' she replied, not meeting his eyes. 'I don't believe you!' he said, instantly feeling angry. She sighed. 'I know you don't believe me. I don't blame you.' A young man wakes up to find he's been kidnapped and being held a prisoner. He's told he won't be harmed and he'll be returned home soon, but can he believe them? Now he has to figure out how to survive while he shares his prison with one of the kidnappers, a mysterious girl who watches over him. Stolen Hearts was a Best Adult Perspective finalist in the 2012 Wattys! WARNING! This is a mature story that includes mature themes and strong language. Although it is not graphic, there is violence, sex and implied sexual violence. Please don't read it if you are under the age of 18 or are offended or disturbed by such things!