The Rules of Survival (Mercer #1)

THE RULES OF SURVIVAL

Author:

The_Starzee

Description:

For as long as Ioney Mercer could remember, her older brother Kalen had drilled into her the three rules of survival. Rule number one: Don't get caught. Rule number two: Always get even. And rule number three: Trust nobody.

But after her brother is shot dead in a gang related incident, leaving their single mother crippled with grief and Ioney with five younger siblings to raise, she starts to wonder if he abandoned his own rules which ultimately led to his own downfall.

Life goes on as normal, or as normal as it can when the breadwinner of the family has died suddenly, leaving the already poverty stricken family worse off. Ioney tries hard to keep food on the table and her siblings warm during the cold winter, even resorting to stealing to get the job done. But when her brother's old gang starts targeting her, she has no choice but to seek out the help of his so-called best friend, the one person Ioney blames most for her brother's death. But will notoriously ruthless gang member Justice Montoya help her willingly? Or will there be a price she has to pay in exchange for him getting her out of the mess her brother has unknowingly landed her in.

Caution: Story contains some violence and some offensive language. May not be suitable for some younger readers.

----------------

I don't have enough words to praise this book. I honestly loved reading this story, every single detail, charcter, plot are absolutely amazing and well written. I also loved how the story never lost pace and kept me on edge throughout. When a story can bring out such intense emotions like this one can, you know its gold. Well done to the author!

Dana x