1. Rain

You were walking home from work through the rainy streets of London. It was quite a long walk, but that day you didn't feel like taking the bus. Taking the bus meant having to interact with people, which meant being judged by those people. That was one of the things you hated most, being judged by people. So you chose to walk home. Because of the rain there weren't many people out on the streets, which was better than a crowded bus.
Summertime by My Chemical Romance was playing through your headphones, and you tried to walk on the beat of the song.
As you walked there, looking down to shield your face from the rain, your thoughts drifted off.

Two more months. Two more horrible months in this horrible place. That meant eight more weeks of working at that crappy bookstore, with Jason bossing you around all day.
See, you loved books, and working in a bookstore had always been your dream. But this bookstore was far from that dream. More like the opposite.
It was a tiny bookstore in a remoted neighbourhood of London, with an average of three customers per week. That wasn't the worst part though.
The worst part was Jason Fay, who happened to be your boss.
You had stopped calling him 'Mr. Fay' a long time ago, because he just wasn't worth being called 'mister'.
With an age difference of only three years, he still thought he was much better than you, just because he owned a crappy bookstore.
He treated you like you were an idiot. And an idiot you were, for taking that job that payed very badly and was boring as hell.
Definitely not the dream.
Not that you had much of a choice, though. You had dropped out of college and after looking for a job for weeks, you stumbled across this. With a lack of better options, you took it.
Biggest mistake ever.

But oh well, now you were here, with much more life experience.
Immediately kick people like Jason out of your life. Great piece of advise right there.
You'd learned from your mistakes. London had nothing more to offer you, and so you dicided to move to America. You'd wanted to do that for a long time, actually. After two and a half years you finally had saved up enough money for it.
You had even found a reasonably prized place in New York City. With your chance of luck, that was one of the world's biggest miracles ever.

Two more months of trying not to scream at Jason and/or hit him in the face, pretending to be nice to the very few customers you had, and drinking the most disgusting coffee ever.
Yep, that had been your life for the last three years. Kind of depressing, huh?

You really hoped NYC would be different. You wanted to start again. Find a good job, make friends. With your social skills that last thing was probably not gonna happen, but a person can dream, right?

The slight drizzle slowly turned into a heavy downpour, and you quickened your pace, pulling your beanie further down over your ears. You were dripping wet and very cold.
You still had to walk about fifteen minutes, and it didn't look like the rain was going to stop anytime soon.
Welcome To The Black Parade started playing, which made the situation even more depressing than it already was.
True fact: that day was not your day.

You were some kind of speedwalking by then. If you'd been more fit, you would've been running, but hey,  exercise just wasn't your thing.
The streets were as good as empty, and you were still looking down while walking. You didn't want rain to get smashed into your face, and you thought you wouldn't run into anybody anyways.

Well, you were wrong about that, because when you turned around the next corner, you did.
You fell backwards, right into a puddle. You were wet anyways, so that didn't really matter. The downside was that, due to the whole 'gravity' thing, your head was smashed onto the pavement, and it hurt like hell.

'Oh my...I'm so sorry!' a male voice said.
A hand reached out for you to help you up, and you grabbed it. Once on your feet again, you looked at who had delivered you the headache that was coming up.
In front of you stood a tall, black haired man. His hair was cut in what you could call an 'emo-fringe'. His skin was very pale, almost translucent. The thing that stood out the most were his blue eyes, which were just staring at you.
You hated it when people stared at you, because most of the time they were judging you when they did, and you hated being judged.
'I'm so sorry' the man said again.
Yeah, people always said that, but never really meant it. That was just how it was. He would carry on with his life, and forget about what happened, forget about you. "Sorry" wouldn't take away your headache and sore back.
'Yeah sure. Thanks for the headache mate' you muttered.
The guy didn't respond, but just stood there, still staring at you.
Every normal human being wouldn't have stayed there, standing the pouring rain. Yet he did.
'Look, I gotta go home' you said, walking past him. You really wanted to go home, because human interaction wasn't on the list of things you enjoyed.

After a few steps you suddenly felt very dizzy. You had to place one hand on the wall next to you to keep you from falling.
The guy rushed over to you and put one hand on your shoulder. 'Are you okay?' he asked, concern clearly audible in his voice.
'Yeah' you said, brushing him off. 'Just a bit dizzy.'
'You must've hit your head quite hard.'
'Yeah, I felt that' you said a bit annoyed.
Maybe uncomfortable was a better way of describing your feelings at that moment.
You were used to people being rude, and not really giving a crap about you. That's how the world worked. But this man was different. He looked like he genuinely cared. No one had cared about you in a long time, and you didn't know how to respond to this. Yes, it made you feel uncomfortable.
'I gotta go home' you said again.
You still felt dizzy, and all you wanted at that moment was to be at home, sit in your comfy chair with a blanket and a cup of tea, and look at the rain through the window. Not stand in it with this stranger.

'Shall I walk with you? You don't look like you're okay' the man said in a kind voice.
You nodded. To be completely honest, you did not feel okay.
There was something about this stranger that made you feel uncomfortable and comfortable at the same time. He was not like other people, but in a strangely good way. He was nice to you. He cared.

You took a few small steps, but almost fell again. The guy catched you, and put you back on your feet. He then hooked his arm into yours.
If any other person would've done that, you would've immediately pushed them away. But right now it was okay. He was keeping you from falling, after all.

The two of you started walking. It was still raining heavily, but you barely noticed it anymore. You were already completely soaked.
'I'm Phil, by the way' the guy - Phil -  said, breaking the silence between you and him.
'I'm (Y/N)' you replied, because that was the obvious thing to say.

And that's how you met him, on that cold, rainy day in London. That's were it all started.
And you regret it. Well, for as far as you can regret running into strangers.
Oh, how much easier everything would've been if you hadn't met him.

You would never have had to hurt the love of your life like this.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
So, this is my Phil x Reader. Exciting. 
I'm actually pretty proud of this first chapter :)
Please let me know what you think, and vote if you liked it!

(It's currently 2:10 am here I should probably go to sleep)
Bye!

-Manouk