2. Coffee

The next day, a Saturday that was, you walked into Starbucks. You still didn't exactly know why you were there, or why you had agreed to this.
Phil had asked you to go grab a coffee with him the night before, after he had walked you home. Well, he had insisted on it, because he wanted to make things right with you. It was nice of him, really, but you weren't the type of person that goes out to get coffee with a guy you had just met.
Anyways, you were there for some reason, right on time. You doubted if Phil would actually come, and that doubt grew with every minute that passed.
After roughly ten minutes he still wasn't there.
You felt stupid for coming there, for believing he would actually care enough about you to come. People forget about things like that. People forget about you. That was basically the story of your life.
But most of all you felt stupid for thinking he was different.

You grabbed your bag, and checked the time on your phone for one last time. 11:11 am.
Make a wish.
You sighed and closed your eyes for a brief moment. You didn't really want to leave. You were still hoping that he was coming. That he hadn't let you down.
You wanted him to be different.
Your eyes fluttered open, and just as you wanted to stand up and leave, a familiar black-haired figure walked into the coffeeshop.
He looked around, a bit lost, but when his eyes landed on you, his face lit up. You felt some kind of relief.
He was there.

He walked over to the booth you were sitting in, and took off his coat. He sat down opposite you.
'Hi! I'm sorry, I was stopped by some people on the way here' he quickly explained.
You smiled at him. Yes, you actually did. It was quite a surprise to find yourself smiling at a still-some-kind-of-stranger, since you hadn't smiled at anyone in a long time.
'It's okay, I just got here.' you lied.
That was one of your bad habits, lying about your feelings. You were too afraid to speak up,  so usually you just acted like everything was okay. You never really spoke up about your feelings, mainly because you knew the world didn't care anyways.

You realised that the last thing you said wasn't very convincing, as you were clutching your bag and coat in your hands. It was obvious you had been about to leave.
You tried to put down your bag and coat on the seat next to you as casually as possible. Phil most certainly noticed, but didn't make a comment about it.
' So, wanna get some coffee then?' you asked, desperately trying to get out of the awkward situation.
He nodded, asked what you wanted, and got up to order it. You didn't bother trying to convince him you'd pay for your own drink. He had asked you to come with him, and you were saving as much money as possible for America.

A few minutes later Phil returned with both of your drinks. You gladly took it. You hadn't had Starbucks in a long time.
' So, how's your headache?' Phil asked, being the first one to speak up.
You put down your drink, and started drawing circles on the table, following your finger with your eyes. 'Much better' you mumbled.
'Good' Phil said. You looked up to see him smiling at you.
He looked kinda cute.

What was wrong with you? You were the most introvert person on the planet, and basically hated everyone around you. Talking to people was your least favorite thing to do. Your social skills were far below zero and talking to men, let alone grabbing a coffee with them, was a total no-go.
Yet here you were, in a Starbucks, on a cold Saturday morning, with a guy you barely knew.
And now you were thinking he looked CUTE?
Someone must've poisoned your coffee, because this just wasn't you. You wanted to run out of there, straight into a wall, and then get run over by a bus. Oh, how much you hated yourself at that moment.
You sat there in silence, mentally facepalming. What must Phil have thought of you? You didn't dare to look at him, but you were pretty sure he was regretting his life choices right there and then.
You wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.
'Sorry, I- I gotta go' you said as you stood up, grabbing your coat and bag once again, but this time you were actually going to leave. 'Thanks for the coffee, Phil.'
You turned around and started marching to the door, not giving him time to respond.
As you reached the door, you heard Phil call your name.
Great, now everyone was looking at you.
'(Y/N)! Wait!' Phil ran up to you.
You turned around, avoiding eye-contact.
'Here, you forgot your coffee' he said, and handed it to you. He then walked past you and left, without saying another word.
You were incredibly confused. What had just happened? You had expected him to ask for your phone number or something, not just give you your coffee and leave. You stared at the cup you were now holding, and then noticed something was scribbled down on it. It was written in very messy handwriting, and it took you a while to figure out what it said.

Let's try this again tomorrow, same time, same place.
  - Phil

------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! New chapter. I just want to get this going a bit :)

Please vote if you liked it!

- Manouk