Chapter 23

“Reservations for Emma Jones and Greg Lawson?” I asked the lady at the front desk of the hotel Sage and Niall had booked for all their guests who were in the wedding.

She smiled and handed me four keycards. “The two on top are for Ms. Jones, and the two on the bottom are for Mr. Lawson. There’s an extra one of each just in case you lose one of them.” It was hard to understand her English past her Italian accent.

Greg glanced down at me. “You mean we’re not rooming together?”

I smiled at the lady and took Greg’s hand and towed him down to the elevator. “Girls get one side of the hotel, and the guys get the other. That was what Sage wanted.”

He sighed as we boarded the empty elevator, and I pressed the floor number where my room was.

I turned around to him after the doors had closed and pushed him up against the wall. “But maybe we’ll have to make a few late night visits to each other.”

He grinned and leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his face closer to mine. I could feel his smile as our lips met, and I found myself doing the same.

Suddenly, the elevator doors opened, and we quickly pulled away from each other. No one needed to see the extreme amount of PDA we were displaying. Not that the two people on the other side of the doors would have cared. They started squealing when they saw me, and they rushed into the elevator.

“Emmaaaa!!! You’re here!! I thought I told you to call when you landed?!” Sage grabbed me and gave me a tight hug. She pulled away once she noticed the guy in the elevator. A smile lit her face as she stuck out her hand and introduced herself. “You must be Greg. I’m Sage. It’s very nice to meet you.”

He glanced at me quickly before he moved past her hand and gave her a big hug. “I’ve heard so much about you! Thank you for letting me be Emma’s plus one.”

Aden whispered in my ear, “He’s really cute, Em. I approve.”

I laughed and gave her a hug, too. Once out of my arms, Aden received the same greeting from Greg that Sage got.

Sage grinned at me. She approved, too. “We were just going to go down to see if any other members have arrived. I tried calling you, but it went straight to voicemail every time.”

Greg laughed. “My fault. I made her turn off her phone once we got on the plane, and she forgot to turn it back on.”

I shrugged. “Sorry. We were just looking for my room.”

Aden winked. “Looks to me like you were doing more than that.”

I blushed and glanced at Greg who looked more proud than embarrassed.

“We should get out of the elevator now,” Sage suggested. She tried to help with my luggage, but Greg refused her assistance. Such a gentleman.

Aden pointed down the hallway to the left. “You’re the last door on the right. You’re right across from me.”

I smiled and started walking down the hall, expecting Greg to follow. He began to trace my steps, but Sage stood in his way.

“While Emma gets comfortable, you can come with me. I’ll introduce you to people and show you to your room.” She glanced back at me with the biggest smile on her face. She was going to interrogate him. Poor Greg.

My eyes went wide, but Greg just shrugged. If he was fine, I’d be fine. He walked past Sage toward me and smiled down at me.

“I’ll see you later.” He planted a gentle kiss on my lips. As he pulled away, he whispered, “I love you.”