Chapter 25

“This has been the longest day of my life, and it’s not even over,” I grumbled as I threw myself onto Greg’s bed.

He sprawled out on his back next to me and sighed. “Sage is one of those bridezillas, huh?”

I shook my head vigorously. “No! She’s the exact opposite! She refuses to have help from anyone. She wants to take care of everything all by herself just so she can make sure it’s done the way she wants it. And Aden tries to help, but Sage won’t let her. So Aden and I have been running mad around the hotel trying to find some way to make things easier for Sage, but she somehow finds out and follows our tracks and just…ugh. Remind me not to be like that.”

Greg smiled and turned on his side to face me. “Sure, I’ll remind you not to be a control freak when we get married.”

I blushed when I realized what I unknowingly suggested. “But don’t let me be a bridezilla, either.”

He nodded, the smile still bright on his face. “So you see us getting married?”

I turned on my side to face him and took his hand. “Maybe not anytime soon, but in the future, if things keep going like they are, of course.”

“Would you want to wait until after Aden and Harry are married?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe. I think that maybe…” I drifted off, not sure whether I should break it to him.

He prodded me. “You think what?”

I sighed. “I don’t think that a big white wedding is for me. I’ve seen all the things that have to go into it, and I feel like it defeats the purpose. Why have all the glam when it should be about two people’s love for each other? I think I’d rather be spontaneous and elope.”

He processed what I was saying and nodded slowly. “I’d rather save money for the honeymoon.”

I smiled and leaned forward to kiss him.

He grinned after he pulled away. “I think you’re right. I just want my wedding to be about me and the person I love. Who are we trying to impress?”

I tried my best to remain smiling even as the doubt hit me. I already had Greg and Liam convinced that I wanted to spend forever with Greg. But now I just had to convince myself, and my heart wasn’t having any of that. I felt like a liar, and it weighed heavily on my already fragile heart.

What the hell did I want? Or, rather, who the hell did I want?

I changed the subject quickly. “I think it’s so cool, though, that Sage and Niall are having joint parties after the dinner.”

Greg laughed. “Hell yeah! Bachelorette party on one side of the bar, and the bachelors on the other.”

I grinned. “Are you going to participate in the lovely karaoke?”

His eyes went wide. “I can’t sing for the life of me as you know.”

I giggled. “Oh c’mon! It’s a party! Be a little crazy!”

He shrugged, embarrassed. “I’ll think about it, but only if you sing a song, too!”

I laughed and shook my head. “That’s never going to happen.”

There was a knock on the door, and Aden called from the other side, “Emma! Sage finally gave us stuff to do! You weren’t in your room, so I assumed you were in here. But it will be very embarrassing if you’re not, and I’m talking to no one.”

I giggled at her awkwardness and got off the bed to answer the door. Greg leaned up off the bed and took my hand, pulling me to him quickly.

“I’ll see you later,” I whispered as we knotted our hands.