Instincts

Note: Go check Chapter 2-8 / Hideous Dim-witted Beast - something strange and please be aware of every small detail. I didn't change a lot of the plots but if your a new PN then just continue on and enjoy.

It happened so fast that Wei Zhou felt numb from head to toe. He didn't even see the bottle flying towards them. Wei Zhou felt so helpless because he wasn't able to stop it.

Now his body was glued down to a metal stool. He couldn't even blink properly because Jingyu might leave him again. Wei Zhou also felt his heart dropping when it happened. A week full of panic was truly tiring.

"JINGYU WAKE UP!"

Nurses and Doctors started to pour in with medical equipment. The room was almost packed that they looked like sardines. A few of them started to inject different kind of fluids. Wei Zhou was pushed back by some nurses trying to hold him back.

Wei Zhou was frantically going crazy shouting from the top of his lungs. Jingyu was having a seizure and it took 7 people to hold him down. Everyone was working their best to save him but they couldn't get Jingyu to stop.

Jingyu's body was shaking so bad that people couldn't inject him properly. Doctors were supposed to be calm in situations like this. But in their case, if they lose the son's general then it would be the end of their career.

The place was to cramped that everyone was screaming and shouting. A nurse was elbowed by someone. It made a domino effect when a few other doctors stumbled and a few fell down.

That one machine they were pushing was like a tread tugging at Wei Zhou's heart. It was the last line of hope one can recognize right away. If only Jingyu would see Wei Zhou's face when he heard the man shout...

"Clear!" Jingyu's body arched up but then he fell back. Nothing changed but his hand was lifelessly dangling at the edge. When Wei Zhou saw this, he knew something wasn't right. Before the doctor could do it again, she stopped.

Everything was in a chaos but then everyone became silent. One sound filled the room making everyone dead silent. This long sound was dragging both Wei Zhou's heart and hope to the ground.

Beeeeeeeppp

"Time of death is..."

When Wei Zhou finally had the chance to slip away from their hold he bolted. When he was faced to face with Jingyu's body he slowly reached out to hold his hand. Those hands that he always hated and yet he would give anything just to see it move and grab him by the collar.

It felt cold but Wei Zhou didn't believe he was gone. He slowly sat on the metal stool gently holding Jingyu's hand. He stared at his face with so much mixed emotions flashing by. Wei Zhou then wrapped both of his hands tightly around Jingyu's icy cold one's.

Wei Zhou didn't care that he looked weak. Everyone pitied him seeing him so broken not knowing what kind of connection they have. He then suddenly stood up having his warm hand grip Jingyu's cold one. He blinked a couple of time just to make sure he was awake.

Wei Zhou brushed a strand of hair covering his eye. He gently placed his hand gently on his cheek. He didn't shed a tear because he couldn't accept this faith. Wei Zhou felt numb but then like a little wave, this incredible anger filled his heart. This aching feeling consumed every part of his body but his heart was the first one to feel this pain.

"BREATHE!"

"DAMMIT JINGYU BREATHE!"

The few Doctors in the room were startled. Wei Zhou grabbed a fist full of Jingyu's hair. He wanted to rip off a few strands thinking it would wake him up. He wanted him to shout at him or even tell him that everything was just a prank but he didn't move a muscle. He didn't even make that smug look that always annoyed Wei Zhou.