Chapter 2

"I'm guessing you've liked it so far?" I asked looking up.
  "Its really good." He nodded, then jake and him started taking about something completely different. Julie and max were staring at me.
  "Zane just talked to you like you've been best friends for years." Julie whispered in confusion.
  "And you talked to HIM like you've been best friends for years." Max added.
  "We talked a lot in sixth hour." I shrugged. "You know how he is- he can get along with anybody." But our conversation got interrupted by jake.
  "Can Zane come too?" He asked and both Max and Julies eyes stared at me.
  "Uh- sure. I don't see why not." I responded.
  "The more the merrier." Max chuckled at his own joke.
  "Cool." Zane smiled and clasped his hands together.
  "Who's driving?" Julie asked.
  "I can if you want me to." Zane offered, each of us looked at each other.
  "Beats having to take two cars." Jake nodded in approval, then we came to the conclusion- Zane was driving.
  We all followed Zane out the door and outside to his car. The boys were all joking about something the drum line did this morning, it was something completely stupid.
  "Isn't this fun- it was originally just gonna be us now we have ourselves a crew." Julie nudged my side with her elbow. My eyes scanned the parking lot for Zane's old orange worn out car. His car isn't as bad as I just painted in your mind though.
  "I know! We actually have friends." I looked over at her, then down for a moment as we stepped onto the pavement.
  "Leslie do you want to sit in the front?" Zane asked as he unlocked the doors.
  "Sure." I reached for the door and glanced at Julie with a shrug. She just laughed.
  "So where do we want to eat?" Zane looked in the rearview mirror at everyone in the back as we all piled in.
  "Uh- McDonald's?" Max said.
  "Nah- it's probably going to be packed." Jake shook his head.
  "That's true.. Freddie's? Its good but its pretty hidden. I doubt many people will be there." Julie added.
  "Freddie's sounds great, is everyone okay with that?" Zane looked around.
  "Yes dad." Jake laughed a little. I turned back to look at him.
  "Did we miss something?" My eyes shifted between the two boys.
  "I think I did too." Zane chuckled as we came to a stop behind a school bus. We all grunted.
  "Worst part of the entire day." Max frowned, Zane groaned and rested his forehead on the steering wheel.
  "Hey cheer up!" I leaned over and ruffled his hair. "It's nothing a little music can't fix." I added, reaching over to turn on the radio. Surprisingly it was already on the station I wanted it to be on.
  "First off, I will applaud your music choice." I clapped a few times. He laughed softly and turned it up. The sweet sound of The Eagles filled our ears.
  "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair." Zane and I began to sing, looking at each other holding back giggles.
  "Welcome to the hotel California!" All of us sang loudly in unison and finally the buses started driving and we were on our way to Freddie's. We were all singing along to the song, laughing loudly when someone would mess up or sing off key. Jake was in the back air guitaring the entire song, Zane drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.
  Once we got past the school zone driving was a breeze. It got kind of quite when a song came on that none of us knew.
  "We have to be back at the school at 6:30 right?" Zane turned to me for a second.
  "6, the coordination starts at 6:30." I corrected him, and his eyes glanced at the clock on his dash.
  "Oh we have plenty of time!" His lips curved into a smile and I could help but smile back at him.
  We pulled into the parking lot of Freddie's and parked near the doors. It was pretty much what we expected- well for the most part. There was a few more people then expected but nevertheless we went it.
  "Hi, welcome to Freddie's, how many will you be dining with tonight?" The man at the front asked monotonously.
  "Five." I piped up quickly, and he looked down at a clip board that was at the desk.
  "Alright, come this way." He started walking towards the back where a table was set up.
  "Someone will be here shortly to discuss drinks." He passed a menu to each of us as we sat down. We all looked at each other once he left.
  "Someone wasn't too happy about working today." Julie laughed softly.
  "I wouldn't be either, do you know how times you have to say that a day of you were a waiter?" Zane laughed softly, all of us nodding in agreement.
  "Hello, my name is Monique I'll be your waitress for tonight, Can I start you guys off with some drinks?" A younger female arrived at our table, writing down each of our drink choices down before leaving. I was sitting across from Zane, Julie across from Jake who was next to Zane and max was on the edge of the table down on Julie's side. 
  "You brought as many bobby pins and hairspray as you could right?" I turned to Julie who was next to me, leaning on my hand.
  "Of course. We all know your hair is the worst out of all of us. Besides Max. His is frustrating too." Julie laughed a little.
  "You guys are doing full dress tonight?" Zane asked.
  "Yeah, our uniforms finally came in." Julie grinned happily.
  "Nice." He nodded. Julie and Jake began to talk about something that happened in their 5th hour, they had biology and I wasn't about to try and understand what they were talking about. I leaned back in my chair, only to feel my feet hit something under the table, then a thump in return. I look up and Zane looked at me mischievously.
  "Oh wow, we are playing footsie now." I let out a laugh and kicked his foot again.
  "Hey! You kicked me first I was only getting even." He argued playfully.
  "Here's, the water.." Our waitress came and set each  of our drinks in front of us.

~

   Authors note:

  This chapter was actually a devil to write. Especially the end because I honestly had the worst writers block. I have a main idea of what I want to do just the point of getting there is hard. Anyway. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if any of my band lingo is too hard to understand just leave a comment and I'll explain xx. Also I'm working on a few other story's so those should be coming out soon as well!! Thanks for reading