KILLING ME SOFTLY - Teenage Assassin - Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12:

ANNABELLE'S POV:

Stupid Annabelle.

What was I thinking? Obviously not with my brain. But, really? Sleeping with the targets son? This isn't how I operate.

Sloppy Annabelle.

I gave too much of myself to Gabriel. Secrets. Love. Virginity. I may not have spoken the words to him, but I do love him.

Gabriel is my angel. He is everything good in this world. Unfortunately, I kill the bad things in this world. There's no place in my world for him and I don't belong in his world. My world is filled with predators, suffering, drugs, rape and murder. His world is hanging out with friends, going to the movies, eventually graduating and going to college.

College isn't in the cards for me, unless a college student gets a hit put on him for using date-rape drugs on female co-eds. Of course, I don't get hired for such small-time jobs.

It's the middle of the night and Gabriel is sleeping next to me. I brush back the hair that's fallen on his face. He's so handsome. I don't think I'll ever love any man the way I do him. Time to distance myself from the situation.

I slowly get out of bed and get dressed. I grab my things and step out onto the front porch. I call Jackson on my cell. He answers with a groggy, "Sup?"

"Come pick me up," I say softly.

"Has something happened?" he asks, alarmed.

"Not really. Come get me at the Sanchez beach house," I hang up and sit down on the steps. Well, mission accomplished. Almost. I have Xavier Sanchez's son wrapped around my finger. I can get access to the Sanchez home at any time.

It was necessary for him to fall for me. However, it was not necessary for me to fall for him. It was definitely not necessary for me to have sex with him. Although, I'm glad my first time was with someone I care about. Everything else I've told Gabriel is a lie, but my feelings aren't.

I would die for him. I would kill for him. Of course, that's not saying much, coming from me. If he knew who I really was, would he still love me? I know he probably wouldn't love me if he knew that I was sent to kill his father.

He said he loved me. No one has ever said that, besides Jackson. I know my parents loved me, though. I wish I could remember them. I wish I could remember them telling me that they loved me. I'll always remember tonight. Gabriel telling me that he loves me. He could never understand how much that means to me.

When Jackson shows up, I get in the car and don't say a word. I don't feel like talking to anyone.

"Well?" he prompts.

"Well what?" I ask belligerently, finally meeting his gaze.

"Holy crap, Annie! You didn't!" he yells at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I look out my window, trying to ignore him.

"You had sex with him, didn't you?" something in his voice warns me that he's angry.

I still refuse to look at him, "That's none of your business."

"I've been killing people for years, but this is the first time that I've ever wanted to murder someone," Jackson says through clenched teeth.

I whip my head around to glare at him, "Don't you ever touch Gabriel! Promise me, Jacks! Promise you won't ever hurt him!"

"Fine, fine. I won't hurt your little boyfriend," Jackson then adds, "but I will fantasize about it."