Love Olympus (14)

[ Clark's POV ]

Before every game, each team got a chance to warm up in the training centre. We mostly stretched and worked out virtual strategies with our partners. We, however only do this when the game is something pretty physical.

Just by going to the training centre before the game spewed out suspicions. The last time we came in here was the very first love games. Venus and I weren't really on good terms.

Right now as much as it annoyed me that Venus wasn't my teammate anymore, something else replaced the agitation.

Caspian and Venus were stretching and talking much more then both Venus and I have spoken together all together. I tried to look away, but every time he touched her a part of me wanted to go over there and punch him in the face.

She was mine, yet he dared to so boldly touch her like that? He knows the fact she's my soulmate. Even though we aren't that close it doesn't matter.

Sooner or later the deed will be fullfilled and Venus will be mine. Just because it hasn't happened he thinks just because he's her partner he can touch her.

It straight off pissed me off.

I could feel the anger buzzing more and more inside me as Caspian's hands travelled on to her waist and other places....

As much as I tried to deny it. Something snapped inside of me.

************************************************************************

[ Krystal's POV ]

Clark tightened his grip on my wrist.

"Ouch.." I hissed.

He let go suddenly and breathed in sharply. I bit the insides of my cheek, angry he wasn't looking at me. I mean, we were partners now and he couldn't even give me the decency of acknowledgment.

I was going crazy by the minute as regret filled in my mind. There was no point splitting the two of them if I knew this would happen. His liking for Venus only grew. That's the last thing I wanted to happen. The last thing I wanted him to feel.

I also couldn't help notice relief soothe over me. It was strange.

I shouldn't, but I was. I felt as if doing this basically slapped me in the face.

Truly showing me he doesn't want me.

Maybe I did need that slap as much as it hurt.

I needed it.

I licked my lips to only feel the burn of thirst tighten in my throat. I looked up find Clark still staring at Venus and Caspian. His eyebrows furrowing into a deeper glare. I looked away not wanting to get even more angrier then I was.

The past couple of days I made sure to avoid Clark since it felt like fire whenever I went near him. I've never seen Clark this angry before. I've seen anger, but not rage.

It scared me how inhuman he was when we talked officially after the splitting. I felt violated in a way. Re-evaluated almost when it hit me I made the wrong decision saying anything.

But I would never admit this to anyone. It pissed me off I did to myself right now, but it was true. What I felt, was what I felt. I couldn't help it. Acknowledging it would just calm me down something I was good at doing.

I had to keep telling myself this was for the best. I'm trying to survive myself. Why should I care?

When that dark spot in my mind answered the question in a such a way that took away my own breath.. I was numb.