Love Olympus (19)

4 years later

For the first three hundred and sixty five days I tried to forget. I failed. For the second three hundred and sixty five days I tried to remember. It was all nightmares. For the third three hundred and sixty five days I felt lost. I still am. For the fourth six hundred and sixty five days it just made sense. That this wasn't over.

I waited for four years. Nothing.

Everywhere I walked, everything I said felt like i was being watched. Nothing was more than nothing. Everything was more than everything.

I was broken and it sadly it was visible. 

I couldn't function straight yet I had the audacity to stay human, stay alive. I didn't deserve it. Walking right now, breathing right now with the thought of what I did made me want to just end it. I buried away these thoughts for so long. My high school life forever charcoal from the Love Games, my university life just as lifeless.

The sweet friendly Venus was gone and replaced with something else. Indescribable, nevertheless there with no soul. I had friends here and there who thought I considered them as friends when really they were just acquaintances in my books.

I spent every waking hour studying, trying to get lost in thought. Usually it worked. Other days barely. I had an hour left until my next class which meant some kind of time wasting on my part. Gia, a girl who coincidently has many classes with me this year and last year decided we should bond this year.

An admirable task from her friends who tried to talk to me, but failed miserably. The only reason I don't mind Gia is the fact she's so self absorbed the minute I would say something about myself she would be in la-la land.

I liked that weirdly enough.

We were going to a near by cafe as we always do waiting for our next class. She was talking on her phone as we both casually walked the same path with different mind sets. We turned the left curb to walk a few blocks to the cafe when all of a sudden I stopped beside a bench.

My heart exploded as dread overcame me. My lips suddenly going dry I stood there motionless.

"What's wrong?" Gia questioned turning around not finding me behind her.

"I'll meet up with you." I whispered. "Go."

"But-"

"Go!" I snapped.

Gia didn't complain instead shrugged and walked off without a second doubt. I gulped and heard the very chuckle that sent me shivering with memories.

"Still the same I see?" Mr. Smirk chuckled.

I snapped my attention towards the random bench on the side of a busy sidewalk and held in the confused tears. I sniffed walking around the bench quickly and sat down. Everything around us stopping including cars, people walking and basically time in general.