New Years Eve

Based on a true story

It started at about dinner time when my boyfriend and I were cleaning up and getting ready to have people over. We kept losing things then finding them right back in the same place a few minutes later. We thought we were just imagining it but it kept happening over and over. It seemed like every time we needed something it would disappear.

After finally getting everything cleaned my friend Carson arrived. He, my boyfriend and I were sitting there watching T.V. talking about nothing in particular when my boyfriend said something and an unknown man's voice said, "Right!" in return. The three of us were so confused we looked everywhere to see if our roommates had come home but no one was there. We told them about it later and they told us that they had been hearing the same thing since the night of the eclipse.

A while later I went to the bathroom and I heard a loud cough behind my ear as I was washing my hands. All the hair on my neck stood up and I ran out of there. No one that was there believed me until the rest of our guests showed up. I was drinking after that and so was everyone else except for the 2 designated drivers. One got there before the other and they both said they heard a cough when they were in the bathroom. They didn't know I had heard it or that each other had either so its not hard to tell why everyone believed me after that.

Nothing happened to me the rest of the night but in the morning when I was sobered up as well as everyone else I heard the cough again.

Nothing has happened since though. I am getting worried about holidays and whatnot because it seems that is the only time anything really happens around here.