Chapter 5

It was your typical early November day. The leaves outside were falling, and there were a few thick snowflakes falling gracefully towards the ground. I looked out the window of my math classroom. The snow was beginning to fall harder and in thicker flakes. "Ok, you have the rest of the period to work independently," My math teacher announced. I instantly got up and walked over to the back counter. The one right behind Piero's desk. I looked up at his kind face, his warm eyes, his loving smile. Another girl and I were working on problems at the back counter, but I wasn't paying attention. I was sneaking glances at Piero. Once or twice, he was looking at me too, and then we would both looked away blushing. "So, did you get 172?" My partner asked. "Oh, umm... yeah," I said to her, scribbling a couple of equations onto my paper. We began to work on the second problem. After we got that, we were about to go onto the third when I saw that Piero was having trouble with the second problem. "You start the third," I told my partner, "I'm  gonna go help Piero. He looks like he needs it." "Why would you voluntarily sit next to him? He's weird and stuff," My partner asked, clearly confused. "Because he needs help," I replied, and sat down next to him.