Letter Two

Letter Two

Dear Miss Felicity,

As you know I was sick. I say was because if you're reading this then I have passed on to where, I hope, I'll be dancing in the clouds. I have written letters to let those who've made a difference in my life know I appreciate it.

So thank you. You taught me how to dance at the tender age of three where I stayed until you retired when I was fifteen. You're younger sister is an excellent teacher but you will always be my favorite.

I wanted to thank you for letting me go to the studios at all hours of the day when I needed a safe haven. You provided me with not only an escape from the nightmare of life, but you also showed me the passion I had for ballet. You inspired me to make dance my priority and to pursue it but unfortunately I couldn't quite get to the big stage.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that you're an inspiration and you helped me. You showed me how to put my emotions into a passion and I thank you.

I wish this letter could be longer but I guess it doesn't need to be because you know what you've done for me. I'll miss being able to feel the wood under my feet but clouds will have to do instead.

Thanks for changing my outlook on life,

Lenora Leigh Jacobs.

The second letter is slipped into the drawer before Nora knows it. The second letter meant the most to the young dancer but she didn't know how to put her gratefulness into words.

Ms Jacobs has been worried about her daughter. She made the decision to continue dancing two weeks ago and only leaves her room for that purpose. The fretting mother worries that the illness is making Nora recede back into herself once more. The last time that happened was when the girl's father tragically pasted away.

Ms Jacobs bites her nails, a bad habit she's had since she was a kid, as her daughter passes the kitchen and waves. Nora is off to dance, leaving her mother to take care of medical insurance for the girl's later life that will be unluckily short.

Nora spins on her toes as the classical music flows. Her ballet instructor pushes her to land a difficult leap. As her ankles shake she is determined to stay standing, allowing her to master the leap. The blonde dancer is one of the youngest to be so experienced.

Dance has been Nora's life since she was three. When she started, it was fun and to her it still is but to others it is nothing but hard work. Nora was en pointe at a young age when she decided she was serious about dance so her father made her private lessons allowing her to join the older groups.

When Nora's father past away her mother feared she would ruin her chances of being a dancer. Nora wouldn't eat and it caused her bones to become weak and almost preventing her from dancing so when her dance teacher Miss Felicity convinced her, her mother was more than relieved to have her daughter back to her old self.