chapter twenty-nine // droplets.

zayn's pov

We spend our entire day hidden in crowds, watching bands come on stage and leave all the same. Though our attention was far from occupied by the performers, instead we were stuck on one another; the best place to be stuck.

Linley reveals more and more layers to herself as she answers every and all questions I have, concerning everything. I want to know every little detail about her. I want to know her more than anyone on this entire world. 

And in that process, I end up falling deeper and deeper in love with her. Those three words sit on the tip of my tongue the entire evening, but never quite make an appearance. The moments I share with her are far too delicate to shake it with something that heavy. 

I'd rather just show her; words don't mean all that much when it comes down to it. 

"You know what I'd kill for right now?" Linley murmurs as she rests her head against my chest, allowing the current band to continue to serenade us into oblivion. I think the person performing at the moment is Passenger? Whoever he is, he has a really lovely voice. 

"What?" I ask as I continue running my fingers through her silvery bleached hair, my eyes glued upon her, as they always are. 

"A shower," She says, letting out a small chuckle. 

I laugh in agreement, actually thinking the same thing myself. I've never felt so dirty and disgusting in my entire life. I just prayed that Linley hadn't noticed, though I'm sure that was impossible. 

She smiles back at me, wearing amusement on her face. As I look deep within her dark eyes, an idea hits me. An idea that causes all the blood to rush beneath my flesh just thinking about it. 

"So let's do it," I whisper quietly, as if it were the biggest secret in the world. 

Linley's eyebrows knit together in confusion as she stares at me. I can see the doubt running behind those charcoal eyes of hers. 

"One little thing," She laughs, holding up the pair of handcuffs that bind us together. 

"Let's save the Earth," I sit up, causing her head to tumble into my lap, "Shower together," I challenge her, a cheeky grin plastered on my face. 

Linley tilts her head back to let out a beautiful, loud laugh. She just smirks back at me, finding my suggestion rather humorous. 

"I'm serious," I tell her, carefully pulling her off my lap as I get to my feet. 

She never stops laughing, continuing to look so god damn beautiful that the idea of a shower with her at this moment sounds like heaven on earth. I'm not sure I can just sit here with her much longer. 

"You're crazy," She laughs, shaking her head at me. 

"No," I shake my head, as she gets to her feet as well, "This is crazy," I chuckle, bending down to take her by surprise. She lets out a little squeal as I throw her over my shoulder in one swift move. 

Those around us glance at us as if the two of us were both clinically insane. I give them all a polite smile and wave before marching my way out of the crowd, weaving through clusters of people. All while Linley grumbles complaints and hits me in the gut. 

"Zayn, what are you doing?" She demands in her sassy tone that I've grown so accustomed to. 

"The whole festival a favor," I chuckle as I head in the direction of the showering huts that I've passed multiple times in envy. 

I wait for Linley to continue fighting against me, but soon she quiets down - a rarity when it comes to her. My grin can't help but to spread across my face as I think about the fact that she isn't throwing a fit to get naked with me - for the second time.