Chapter 16 ~ Dr. Smiley

He looked down at me, his red eyes glaring into my grey ones, yet seeming friendly.

"So, how ya doing?"

"I'm fine and you?" I replied feeling very awkward.

I studied his face. His black hair covered most of his upper face. His red eyes were piercing and one of them was swollen. He had a surgical mask on, it had a sharp-toothed smile drawn on in what seemed to be sharpie. He had small drops of blood on his white collared shirt.

Mr. Something walked over to a drawer and pulled out some stuff. I stood on my toes, wait... where's my shoes that Rainbow gave me? I wondered why my feet were so cold.

He pulled out gloves, those weird blue ones like they have at hospitals, a do-hickey thing-a-mabobber, and I don't know the name of that one.

"Okay Brooklynn! Come over here and take a seat. I'm Dr. Smiley, but you can call me Shirley, if you want. What could I call you?" He said cheerfully. (I'm actually getting 2p England vibes rn. I can't be the only one who's thinking of Ollie when someone starts talking very cheerfully??)

"You can call me Brook or Brookie." I walked over to the table near where he was.

Smiley took my wrists and checked both of them, front and back.

"That's fine," he muttered to himself.

He then lifted my head up, exposing my neck. In the mirror behind him, I could see there was bruises all over my neck.

"What happened?" I asked.

"That, I'm not sure of. But I'll find out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well, I can verify that it was her sword. The blade pattern is the same. The wound is not infected, but she does have pneumonia."

"Thank you, Smiley. I will inform the others and there will be serious punishment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you ask your parents if you can go to the holiday dance at your high school, and then they tell you that you never told them about it but you actually did but they weren't listening to you. (like always)

Short chapter, yeah yeah, I know. But I'm so upset rn that I figured aye might as well not keep you guys waiting.