That night.

I was on my way home from work, desperately trying to hold my umbrella to protect me from the harsh rain and wind currently battering Edinburgh. I wasn't going food shopping until tomorrow so I had decided to stop in at m&s tonight to grab a few bits to do me for tonight.

After 35 minutes trying to fight my way round the shop which was much to small for  the amount of people in there, I had left with a bag containing grapes, sausage rolls, crisps and last but certainly not least, cakes! Fighting with my keys I managed to slide the lock up to be greeted with a lovely warm apartment. Not bothering with the post, containing mainly leaflets from local takeaway shops I headed straight for the kettle. I had no plans for tonight apart from a date with my jammies and cakes.

At around 7 I went to check my front door was fully locked and remembered to pick up the post this time. Bills, bills, junk mail, bills, oh wait. The silky smooth matte blue envelope felt out of place amongst the flimsy envelopes. Returning to my place on the settee I went to open the envelope being careful not to rip it even a tiny bit. Before I had the chance to look inside I heard my phone.

Incoming call.
Stacey.

"Hey Stace, what's up?" Reacting to the beeping from my phone I stood up to stand by my phone charger.

"Fancy going for a few quick drinks tonight, Owen is taking me to this new bar in town and is bringing one of his friends from football. Thoughts?"

Stacey was forever trying to set me up with Owen, her finances, friends. I had learnt a long time ago it was best just to go along with her plans willingly or she would eventually force you anyway.

"Yeah sounds fun, send me the details and I'll meet you there"

All the previous dates had either ended up being the complete opposite of what I found attractive or settled way to comfortably into the friend zone. Realising the bar was somewhere which would expect nothing less than looking our best, I went into the back section of my closet, home to all the dresses I never felt comfortable wearing.

Deciding on a simple strappy black dress I picked out some red heels which I would match with my lipstick. I curled my short dark blonde hair and brushed out the curls to give me that messy beach hair look. After a thin gold necklace which fell down between my cleavage I picked up my small black clutch bag and looked at myself in the mirror. This was definitely not how I imagined tonight!

Quickly grabbing my black leather jacket and red tartan scarf I stepped outside greeting the taxi man who had arrived a few minute earlier.

On the way into town I admired the beautiful city I called home but there was one thing that caught my eye in particular. A dark blue dress stood proudly in a shop front, but it was not the dress that had my interest, it was the colour. It reminded me of the envelope I had neglected when Stacey rang me, I couldn't help but be curious as to what lay inside.

"That will be £7 please, miss"

Handing the taxi man his money I exited the taxi and walked into the bar. Searching for Stacey I found her and Owen. But more importantly I found the most beautiful man I had ever laid my eyes on standing next to Owen and he was staring right at me.

Hi guys! Thank you for reading!
As I said I am still learning and this story may change slightly so please bare with me. All comments and suggestions are really welcomed and appreciated.