Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to warmth and purring.

For a second, I couldn't remember what had happened last night. But I forced my eyes open, welcoming the sunshine for once. I used to wake up with a hangover and the sunlight pissed me off, burned my eyes and intensified a headache. I woke up nauseous and grumpy.

But not this morning. I woke up feeling warm, woke up to find Dorean still cuddled against me on the floor of the kitchen. He was making little purring sounds in the back of his throat as he slept, tail coiled around my leg and his wings folded up behind him. I couldn't remember the last time I woke up feeling so comfortable.

Until a cold tingle shot down my spine and I clenched my teeth, mentally cursing whoever had ruined my moment of peace. Irritation boiled in my blood until Dorean shifted beside me, yawning so his fangs glinted in the sunlight before he stretched an arm up in the air, his tail uncoiling from around me and stretching out, wings also spreading open.

"Morning." I stated. Dorean's eyes flickered open before he smiled cheerfully and snuggled closer to me, clinging to my arm.

"Morning," He greeted, then paused as he shifted a little, then propped himself up on an elbow to look around with a scowl, "Forgot to move to the bed. No wonder why my bones hurt." I smiled a little at that before getting up, scooping him up into my arms and making him gasp in surprise, then a grin split his face.

"I actually have to go to work," I told him, watching him pout as I made my way to my bedroom, "But you can sleep here. I'll be back as soon as I'm done, I promise." Dorean nodded, then laughed in delight when I dropped him on the bed. I went to shower quickly, then came into the bed room. Dorean's tail whipped around excitedly, wings fluttering as he laid on his stomach, pulling the blankets over himself and resting his chin on his folded arms to watch me.

"Hurry," He said, wrinkling his nose, "I want to spend the day with you. I wanna talk." I dried myself off, walking over to the dresser while giving him a weird look over my shoulder.

"We've talked a lot before."

"Yes, but I want to talk about you."

"About me? What'd you mean?"

"What's your favorite color?"

"Favorite color?"

"Yes. I like silver. Is very sparkly and bright. What about you?" Dorean pressed, rolling onto his side as he watched me open a drawer to take out a black sleeveless turtleneck. I paused thoughtfully before pulling the shirt over my head. What a weird question to ask. I'd never particularly thought about a favorite color. I looked around my room for a moment, noticing most everything I owned was either black or red. So, I suppose subconsciously, my favorite color, or rather colors, would be those.

"Red and black." I answered. Dorean smiled, almost like he knew what was going on in my head and while it bothered me when other people looked at me like that, it sent a thrill through me when Dorean did it. It was like he knew me, even without me having to say much.

"And why those?" He asked. I shrugged, taking out a pair of black leather pants, ignoring the insistent cold tingle that shot through my spine almost like electricity.

"I dunno. Black's not really a color, but if we got into specifics, that'd take forever. I just like that it's neutral. Red? Because it reminds me of summer." I replied, drying off my hair a little longer. Dorean nodded, then snuggled up to one of my pillows, breathing against it deeply before his cheeks pinkened and he peeked over the pillow at me. The gesture made my heart throb and cock jump to attention. How nice it was to have a naked lover in your bed, watching you like you were the only thing that mattered in all of existence.