8. book description

"your book description isn't a summary of your book — it's an ad meant to hook your readers and sell your book

"your book description isn't a summary of your book — it's an ad meant to hook your readers and sell your book."

1. standardize the format of your descriptions for all books
not only is this aesthetically pleasing, but this also gives your profile a neater, more professional appearance when readers browse through your works.

2. add symbols / use different fonts
regarding the previous point; a template can be created for your book descriptions with pretty symbols and fonts.

a link to all the symbols/fonts you'd ever need in my bio!

3. add a logo
create a fixed logo for all your books with a © symbol together with your username/name and date of publication. (you can check mine for further reference in the book description)

4. status of the book
ongoing, completed or abandoned? keep your readers updated on when they can expect the next chapter if any.

5. use of correct grammar and spelling
this gives your writing a more expert tone and assures your reader that they will read high-quality material.

* bonus : you can use websites like quillbot or prowritingaid to help edit your work too! quillbot helps with paraphrasing, while prowritingaid is for grammar, sentence structure, etc.

6. keep it short and highlight essential text only
your book description should be no longer than 3 paragraphs; a lengthy introduction to your book could bore your potential readers stiff before they even proceed to the first chapter.

7. use a compelling hook or teaser
in other words, a sentence or two that captures potential readers' attention and leaves them curious about what is going to happen next; hence, keep them reading on. rhetorical questions work too!

 rhetorical questions work too!