Chp 1 - Where Am I? * Mei's POV

Oh my goodness! Can you believe how absolutely fantastic this morning is? The sky is wide awake, the birds are serenading us with their beautiful melodies, and here I am, blabbering on and on

Oh my goodness! Can you believe how absolutely fantastic this morning is? The sky is wide awake, the birds are serenading us with their beautiful melodies, and here I am, blabbering on and on... BLAH! Let's cut to the chase, shall we? 

 Hey there! I'm Mei, just your average 16-year-old high school student. You know, most stories start by introducing a character, and guess what? I AM that character! *Waves enthusiastically to the audience* I mean, it's pretty obvious, right? But here's the thing, what's really cool about being me is that so many people from your world get to know me, almost like I'm some sort of celebrity. But here's the downside... I don't have the darn freedom to do whatever I want!It's school all day, every day. That's my thing, or at least that's what the author wants me to believe. And let's talk about my appearance, shall we? I've got these stunning sapphire blue eyes and a boy cut hair that's... ugh... pink! Can you believe it? Pink, of all colors! It's my least favorite, but hey, what can you do?

Currently, I'm strolling my way to school. But seriously, why don't I just hop in a taxi or something? Oh right, that's not an option for me! I'm just your average girl who walks to school every morning, far from being loaded with cash. And as you all already know, I'm the main character (obviously), which means--BUMP! 

 "Oops. My bad, Mei. Didn't see you there," Mindy, the troublemaker, chuckled with a wicked grin. 

 The author portrays her as the wealthy and popular girl in school. Oh yeah, sure... *insert sarcastic tone* To me, she looks more like a demon disguised as a mean girl! And of course, every mean girl needs her entourage. 

 The tall girl on Mindy's right is Laila. She's a redhead who's obsessed with all things purple. Trust me, she wears purple every single day. She could easily pass as Daphne from Scooby Doo. And the other girl on Mindy's left is Clarice, the one who's always plugged into her headphones. I swear, I've never seen her without them--never!

In addition to that, the main character also has her own loyal friend, of course. Someone who is always there to support her. My best friend, Wendy. She is the epitome of sweetness and cuteness, always seeing the world through rose-colored glasses.

"Good morning," Wendy greets me as soon as I step into the classroom, and as expected, she cheerfully asks, "What's new?"

See? I told you! It's like a never-ending routine!

I don't see anything wrong with that.

I didn't ask for your opinion!

Apologies. *hurries away*

Ughhhh! Now the author is making me hear imaginary voices! .... *sighs* Anyway... classes are in session and I'm feeling completely baffled right now, especially since my seatmate is Mr. Booger, Irwin. He always picks his nose during class and discreetly places his findings under his desk or sometimes on Lily's hair, who sits in front of him. Disgusting! Thankfully, I'm not in her shoes. But apart from this peculiar guy, there's something else that bothers me. Doesn't anyone notice how quickly time flies? It's like the teacher walks in and then--KRRIIING! Class dismissed! I mean, it's good in a way because class is always boring, but seriously! Does no one else see that!?