17 My Brother's Beta

Sorry for the long wait... I don have much of an excuse, so I won't try and prove my innocence to you awesome people. But I will say this - I just started school again, and it sucks!

But anyway, enjoy!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Seventeen

"So what do you do at a modeling party, exactly?" Aaron asked once we had reached the town's boarder.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure what I need to do tonight," I admitted. "At the other parties last year, I was one o the models. You know, walking around and introducing myself, sometimes being asked to perform on the runway there."

"So what's the difference tonight?" he asked, changing gears.

"Well, tonight I'm representing the Miller Modeling company," I explained, not sure if what I'm saying is actually correct. "So I guess I'm meant to make friends with other companies and stuff..."

"And this Dustin dude has let you go in blind without actually telling you what to do?" he asked, looking a little confused. When I didn't answer, he continued. "Maybe you should give him a call."

"Are you sure?" I said, looking up at him. "I mean, this is our first night out together in public..."

Out together. Were we together? "Yeah, sure, go ahead. It's probably best - we have all the time afterwards to be together."

By the cheeky look in his eyes, I'm guessing that we might actually be 'together' after all.

I dialed Van's number, deciding that Dustin would probably be too busy. I wasn't quite sure what time it'd be over in England, but guessing Van should at least be up by now.

"Hello, you've reached England's most famous Sex Line of all time, how can I help you?" he said after the first ring, making me burst out laughing. I remember all those times I called him when I was back in England, and how he'd always answer in some weird way. It made my heart break a little, knowing that from now on we'd barely ever call or see each other.

"I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number," I played along. "I was trying to get through to Australia's most famous Sex Line of all time."

I had to pull the phone away from my ear, from how loud he was shouting my name. Obviously, he didn't read the caller ID. Like usual. "Cockroach!"

"Chuckle!" I couldn't help but squeal back. Looking over at Aaron, I couldn't be sure as to whether he was amused of scared for my sanity. After all, I just called an English Sex Line person Chuckle, while they screamed at me from the other side of the phone.

"Ah, crap, I was hoping you'd forgotten about that name," he groaned, but I could still hear the grin in his voice.