•8•

•Mara's POV•

I wake up at eight, meaning that I have two hours until I'm due to meet Ryan. I decide I'll get ready at nine, so that leaves me with an hour to kill.

I get up and grab the book that I borrowed from Mandy's house so long ago. I never knew there was a book on tiger mythology.

I skip through the book until I find the tigers part. I skim my eyes over the words to take out anything interesting. One thing does catch my eye though.

'There were many cases of humans being able to shift into tigers. Although there is no proven evidence of this, mythologist's believe that they would have close to the same qualities of a werewolf.'

I close the book and look out the window.

The same qualities as a werewolf? What qualities do werewolves have?

I sit in thought for a bit before they travel to Ryder.

He kissed me again. And I don't know why, but it felt so right to kiss him. Snow is feeling the same, if not even more transfixed in him.

But he hasn't talked to me about anything, he hasn't asked me on a date, he hasn't even straight out confessed if he has feelings for me.

But, then again, neither have I.

Do I have feelings for Ryder?

Hell yes I do.

••••*••••

I check myself in the mirror and nod in approval. I'm wearing my favourite high-waisted shorts and a midriff top, which my high-waisted shorts cover my belly. I've never liked exposing my midriff, so I wear my shorts with any tops like that.

When I'm about to walk out, I hear comotion downstairs and listen in with my tiger hearing.

"Goodmorning Katrina, Richard." 

Crap, that's Ryder.

"Ryder! How nice of you to visit. And Mandy how are you dear?" Mum asks.

Mandy gives mum a polite reply.

"And sorry, hunny. I've forgotten your name." Mum sighs.

"Josh." He replies.

Well this is going to be harder than expected.

But, at least I have a plan. Dad and I organised this usually when we needed to get presents for mum or just needed to get out of the house without mum knowing.

I grab my phone and write a quick text to dad.

Code: Escape

It's only a few seconds until he replies.

Use the back door.

You've gone for a run.

I grin and slip the phone into my back pocket.

I sneakily slip down the stairs and creep around to the back door.

Before I go out, I hear my dad.

"Oh, Mara? She's gone on a run, I'm not sure when she'll be back."

I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.

Once I make it around the house, I bolt using my tiger speed to down the path a bit before slowing down a little.

I make it to the park about five minutes later. I smell Ryan before I see him, he's sitting on a park bench, looking out to the small lake we have in the centre of the park.