•49•

•Ryder's POV•

"Are you sure you're all good to do this?" I ask Josh as we walk to the cafeteria.

He rolls his eyes, "Yes Ryder, I'll be fine."

I purse my lips, "Just making sure."

"Hey guys." Layla says as her and Mandy come out from another hallway.

"Hey." We reply.

"Gosh, I feel like I haven't been in this place for ages." Mandy says, gesturing to the school.

"Yeah we all missed so much school, and now it's almost break again." Josh replies.

We enter the cafeteria and sit down at our usual table where all the others are, I see Mara's head down into the paper she's studying and snatch the pen out of her hand.

"Hey!" She snaps, trying to reach for it when I pull it further away from her.

"You need a break, you've been non-stop studying for weeks." I reply.

She rolls her eyes and puts her notebook away, "Only because I'm behind."

Claire scoffs, "We all are."

The pack was extremely happy when we announced Claire's return, it took them a while to fully come to terms with all the drama but everyone's good now.

"Where's Ryan and Torah?" Mara asks.

Trent shrugs, "Probably making out in a secret place or something."

Mara screws up her face, "Ew."

Josh wraps his arm around Claire and Trent does the same to Layla. I look to Mara, now reading a text book while eating her soup, and stifle a laugh.

She looks at me and frowns, "What?"

I flick her nose, "You're just too cute."

She swipes my hand away and goes back to her book, "Shut up." She mumbles.

Ryan and Torah finally make their appearance and sit down, giggling about something.

"Where have you guys been? Making out somewhere?" Josh asks.

Torah goes bright red and tries to hide her face behind her hair while Ryan swings his arm over the back of her chair and smirks.

Mara stands up and collects her stuff, "Ew, I'm getting out of here before this gets even more uncomfortable then it already is."

When she starts to leave I get up too and follow her, catching up with her as we get to the hallway.

She goes to her locker and shoves her books inside.

"So," I begin, leaning against the locker next to her, "I was think we could ditch the last class of the day?"

She looks at me and intakes in a breath to start her rant, "Ryder, you know I'm really behind in all my class-"

But I don't let her finish as I bring my lips to hers, igniting the fireworks that happen every time we kiss.

When I break away she just gives me a look, "Bribery now, huh?" She asks.

I roll my eyes, "Come on, just this once. You need something to get your mind off school."

She sighs and looks into her locker, after a minutes she sighs again and shuts the door, "Fine. But just this once." She points at me.

I nod, "Sure thing, come on now." 

I grab her hand and speed walk out of the school to my car.