Prologue

(Y/N) POV: The creaky wooden steps sent me into a panicking frenzy.

   "Please please please be quiet." I whimpered as the porch creaked. Mom was going to hear me, then I would get a few more bruises to add to my 'collection.'

   I decided to just get it over with and ran to the door, quickly opening and closing it quietly. I was breathing heavily by the time I had closed the door. My back was still turned towards the dining room that was immediately there when you opened the door.

  God please let this be quick. I prayed silently. My mother had often tried to trick me into thinking that she wasn't home, then attacked when I had a little bit of a sense of security. I suddenly heard a small noise behind me. Was that... Cooing?

   "What the fuck?" I turned around, seeing a huge basket on the kitchen table. "How the hell...?" I could barely finish my thought as an alarmed squeak came from the basket. All of a sudden, two pairs of hands, baby hands, grabbed onto the side of the basket that was facing me.

   I groaned, trying not to have a panic attack as I walked towards the basket. As I slowly made sure that my mom wasn't there, she wasn't, I made my way back to the basket. I peaked into the box, seeing... Oh God no... Babies?!?! 

   "Mom, what the fuck have you done?!" I gasped. She went crazy when she was doing her... Heroin. But she had never done something like this before. My hands covered my face, pushing my glasses out of my face. (A/N: If you don't have glasses, ignore this line.) Tears fell down my face. "I'm going to be thrown in prison." That wouldn't be the first time that I had almost got 'caught' doing something that was really my mother's fault.

   I slid down to the floor, my knees pulled up to my face as I cried. The box seemed to be taunting me, only three feet away. After a few minutes of my self wallowing, I stood up, prepared to run away if need be.

   I looked inside the box again, seeing that there was three babies. One had blonde hair, icy blue eyes, wearing jeans, a green jacket and a green undershirt. The second had a bit darker blonde hair, almost brown, with honey eyes, wearing jeans, a green jacket, and a black undershirt, almost exactly like the first child. The final baby was huddled in the corner of the basket, the other two babies protecting him from me. This one had dark black hair, sky blue eyes, wearing jeans and... A trench coat? There was an undershirt under that. But I thought their attire was definitely odd.

   "Awe... You guys are cute." I mumbled, fawning over the adorable babies. All of them had eyes on me, obviously making sure that I wasn't going to do anything to them. The littlest one still huddled in the corner, afraid of me. I reached my hands out to him, trying to show him that I meant no harm. He squeaked in surprise, hiding his face from me. I gasped in surprise, seeing that the young child had black wings that puffed out when he hid his face.

   "Oh... My... God..." I said quietly, freaking out in my head. The other two boys stood in front of the smallest one, their own wings puffing out as a threat. The blonde boy with icy eyes had eight wings with the beautiful color of a red and pink sky. The baby with honey eyes had six wings with the color of a setting sun, golden and yellow colors. They both snarled at me, protecting their brother, I assumed.

   "I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare him." I knelt down to the basket's level, my hands balancing me by hanging onto the table. The two boys calmed down a bit, but still stood in front of their brother. At this point I could only assume that they were angels, what human had wings? I noticed a small letter on the side of the basket.

   "The baby with ice blue eyes is named Lucifer, the baby with golden eyes is Gabriel, and the smallest is Castiel. They're angels and they will protect you." That was it. No other context, just their names and how they were supposed to help me. I dropped the note, looking back up at the babies. They all had eyes on me, even Castiel, who wasn't sitting in the corner of the basket anymore, just right behind Lucifer and Gabriel.