18- Challenge Accepted.

"Anything else?" Valak asked

I shuffled uneasily in my seat. It was Monday morning and before getting to school, Trent and I passed through Valak's office for an evaluation meeting. She'd asked about our weekend and I got so lost in the moment telling her about the camp fire games and the other girls I'd met there, I even told her about Adanna and the skinny dipping and rock climbing games we'd played. All the while she'd been slowly munching on gigantic strawberries as red as her nails seemingly unimpressed by anything I had to say.

"B92, I'm glad you had fun, I knew this mission would be good for you. However we're running out of time and I need an update on the mission. Did you manage to find out anything from Grayson?"

I was startled by the mention of his name. "He... he uh..." If I told her about Grayson they'd definitely bring him in for questioning, he was the culprit after all. He was the one who'd stolen the chemical that had sent us all on this headless chicken run of a mission. But there was no telling what else he'd tell them. "Uhm, he's still a suspect. I don't have much on him, but I will soon," I assured her.

"Really?" Valak asked. "Nothing at all?"

If the Agency found out I slept with Grayson after I realised he was the target, there was no telling what they'd do to me.

"He's a tough nut to crack."

"Mh." Valak kissed her teeth to get the strawberries off and wiped the sides of her mouth. Her face maintained it's bland smooth look, her bright green eyes were cold and still but I could hear the machines churning in her head. "Maybe we should bring him in for questioning using other methods."

"No," I answered rather to quickly. " Isn't that against the law?" I turned to Trent for backup.

"She's right Val, we can't bring him in just because he's a ghost on the net, it marks for suspicion but the Court won't stand for it."

"Hmm... We could just snag him in the middle of the night and take him into one of the old torture houses-"

"Valak..."

"How else do you suggest we do this then? This mission is getting no where by following the rules."

"We're still trying to figure out what's happening in Xenon's lab, we'll find a way in."

"Well you better do it quick before I use more plausible methods to get what I want." There was a menacing look in her eyes and I'd seen it enough times to know she was getting impatient. I had to get in that house quickly. Perhaps if I managed to uncover the large company, the Agency wouldn't pay Grayson any mind.

As soon as were in the car Trent and I composed a plan to get into Xenon's house. I'd suggested we break in, we could even do it that night. I'd asked for a copy of the house plans so I could come up with a safe route that would get us in and out in no time.