Chapter 2: Not All White is Pure

The night was still young but the cruel darkness had already reigned. The place was said to be welling with purity but the odor of sins was actually swaying on the vicinity. Four figures were gathered. The three of them were facing the altar where in a wooden cross statue was standing upside down.

"The All-knowing said," a wrinkled man wearing a brown robe worded with his arms wide opened, "the stray would be guided by the shepard."

Few meters in front of the altar, the wooden benches were scattered. It must had been years already since those were freed from dusts. Arzi was currently having a hard time managing her breathing. The sounds made by her gasps were noticed, making Cruzanna heightened her worries.

"Are you well?"

Standing by Arzi's right was Cruzanna. She was covered by a grape-colored veil from temple to sole. The edges of her garment were stitched with white lines. Her orbs in violet hue were trembling as she waited for Arzi to respond.

As Arzi faced her, she uttered, "Hey! Sister. I think you should ask yourself."

"Girls, focus," Dom commanded, making the two eyed him. His gaze roamed, trying to locate their objective. A few seconds passed, he looked to Cruzanna. "Do you know where they are keeping him?"

Arzi was about to move her right foot when Dom stopped him. "Make a wrong move and we're dead."

Though, she had already been given an insight of the things that that preacher could do. But, experiencing it in live action might be overwhelming to her. The old man was just still standing, his hands were still raised, however, his eyes were stapled on the point where the three were standing.

"The wolves used to chase the lamb . . ."

The deep voice echoed as he continued his speech, he could not care less of the reason why he had this surprise visit. It was already more than a half hour when the three arrived, but, he had not blinked his eyes, even a single time.

". . . not until the lamb lost his mother."

Suddenly, Arzi found herself strangled. She could not make any single budge. She tried to turn around to face her comrades, yet there was something that was stopping her that she could not see.

"Cruzanna, can you cast your barrier?"

The three were now restraining the force that was not allowing them to move. This must be what they were warned about by their client.

Outside the ruined sanctuary, Brother was still waiting for the other possible enemies to arrive. According to the information that was given to them, there were seven robed individuals in total. The leader was the one guarding the altar.

He might had swatted a dozen of mosquitoes already, when a fainted shout sounded from the inside. Immediately, he floated, gliding to enter on the vast arch serving as the Sanctuary's entrance, leaving the post he was assigned to.

"What happe--"

He quickly fell on the ground as the unknown presence pulled him down. His face was smacked on the dusty floor, and his arms and knees were positioned apart from one another.

A pissed off Dom cursed lowly as he saw the current state of their comrade. He was about to scold him when Arzi howled again.