Chapter 3: His Last Five Seconds

A quiet blow of chilly wind delivered shivers on Eloise's back, waking her up in the process. She wiped her eyes softly as she wandered her view around the silent room, everything was registered gauzy initially.

Low moan escaped her lips as she stretched her curvy figure. The room was almost monochromatic due to having no lighted nightlamp. She tried to stand up but a sudden voice made her stop.

"Mama!"

Her brows arched as she eyed where the murmur came from.

"I did not kill Papa."

Eloise could not stop herself from pitying the poor little girl sleeping on a soft couch just few meters away from Arzi's bed. She stood up, making sure that no audible sound would be heard as she walked her way to Allyson. Eloise rubbed the kid's back while unconsciously wagging her head, uncertain if she should wake her up or not.

"I did not intend to kill you as well."

"Hey! Calm down." In the end, Eloise held Allyson's shoulders, shaking her to wake the latter up. "Shh... Everything will be alright."

Eloise then found herself hugging the now sobbing kid. "Everything will be alright."

"I miss them," Allyson whispered.

A few moments of silence filled the room. It was until Arzi let a low mumble.

"Big sister!" Allyson was too quick to jump back on her bouncy self. Though, her void black eyes were circled by the redness her weep caused. "How are you feeling?"

"Where are we?"

Arzi scanned the surrounding with curved thin brows. Her unaccustomed dark-orange eyes appeared like those were shrinking as she fixed her gaze to Eloise. The latter was early to recognize the uneasy movement her not-so long lashes were doing, making her face grumpy for a few seconds.

The paleness of Arcilla's face did not match her usual light brown skin tone. From pale-red lips, now a lighter shade.

"Girl, I think water is what you need." Eloise filled a glass full of water from a prepared glass pitcher placed on the table top. She then offered it to Arzi.

Arzi tried to raise her upper body but she immediately fell back on her comfy hospital bed. "Ow," flew past her lips as a low thug sounded from the bed's headboard. Her oval-shaped face was then emphasized as she flinched for a bit.

"Careful, big sister," Allyson offered her hand for an unknown reason, which made Arzi's brows arched.

Eloise set the glass back to the table, lightly tapping Allyson's young hand. "Don't mind her. She's forcing herself to be sympathetic."

"Seriously, are you alright?"

The three lasses concurrently turned there eyes to Dom.

"How long have you been there, big brother?" asked Allyson as she walked her way to the main door, "I better call Cruzanna."

"I bet not." Dom then appear next to the door, blocking the little girl's way.

"And why is that?"

"She's continuing her mission to locate Aaron."

"What's so important with that kid?" Allyson crossed her arms, looking down as she repeatedly stomped her right foot lightly. "He refused joining us already, why bother?"