How to Look up to Heroes

How To Look Up To Heroes (December 4 2016)

Summary: There is a reason why Robbie is the the way he is in LazyTown and it has something to do with Number 9. Sportacus was able to fix Robbie but is it really helping him?

Word count: 7275

Inspired by: 'Sick of Losing Soulmates' by Dodie Clark (oh boy my friends will kill me) — and yes, the lyrics play a role throughout the story.

Author's note: This is the 2nd longest fic I've ever done for any fandom. It builds up on who I think Robbie is. This is probably my biggest contribution to the LazyTown fandom. Also there were times that I wanted to ended this story earlier but it just ended up being this long cuz it just builds character.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

What a strange being you are,

God knows where I would be

If you hadn't found me, sitting all alone in the dark

A dumb screenshot of youth

Watch how a cold broken teen

Will desperately lean on a superglued human of proof

Many years ago in LazyTown...

Back when Robbie was a young child, he idolised someone who visits LazyTown everyday. A hero known as Number 9. He'd go around and save people and help around town when it's needed. He'd also play with the kids and made sure the town an active and safe place. Robbie watched as Number 9 move around.

Little Robbie and Number 9 talked from time to time that a friendship was formed. The two would play together and have fun. Whenever Robbie is lonely, he'd write letters and send them to the mailbox for Number 9 to read. They were just normal 'how are you' letters, talking about his day and such but some talked about his affections towards the hero, like how much he means so much to him. Then came the high school dance, Robbie needed someone to go to the dance with and he went with his hero.

It wasn't that long till Robbie admitted his feelings and kissed Number 9 that night. It was his first kiss but Number 9 rejected his feelings.

"What's wrong?" Robbie asked

"Robbie, you're a nice guy but... I have to reject those feelings" number 9 spoke.

"Wait... is it because of me?" Robbie asked.

"It's not you... it's me" Number 9 answered. "Look, you're a nice kid but it will not work out".

"B... but" Robbie stuttered.

"Goodbye Robbie" Number 9 said.

Number 9 parkoured away and Robbie was left shattered. His heart broke and from there, he has changed. The next few days, he was always grumpy and was angry most of the time, jealous of everyone being happy. Number 9 tried to talked to him to see if he's ok but it was no use. Robbie made up his mind and vowed to never fall in love again.

And to never look up to heroes.

Soon, Number 9 left LazyTown and for some reason, he never returned. After his disappearance, people began to move out and LazyTown became the most laziest town of the whole world due the lack of activity. Robbie locked up the mailbox just so no one can ever contact Number 9 or anyone else ever again.

Many years have passed and Robbie is now an adult he's now known as the most laziest, grouchiest, and no gooder of all of LazyTown. But all of that is about to change...