The Locals

Part 2 finally posted! This chapter is shorter than the first one, but only because I wanted to introduce two new characters ^^ Hope you enjoy~♡
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

“Check out that one!”

Kadar had been kind enough to show you around the Island, excitedly pointing out all of his favourite places. The two of you currently stood outside a small bakery, perusing the colourful assortments of cakes and breads. The two of you had your faces pressed up against the window, the heavenly scent hanging in the air being enough to create oceans of drool on the pavement beneath your feet.

“I remember this place,” you said with a small smile, thinking back to when you had first visited the island. You were a few dollars short of being able to actually buy anything, so you wound up ‘accidentally’ taking a single donut. It tasted delicious, but unfortunately the guilt became too much that said donut ended up as a regurgitated puddle of yuck on the road. Needless to say, you’ve never looked at a donut the same way again.

An imprint of Kadar’s face stood out on the polished glass as he peeled his face off the window, eyes glimmering excitedly as he looked at you. “Wait here!”

He slipped inside the bakery, not giving you a chance to question his intentions. Your (colour) eyes trailed after his bouncing form, brow raising as he pointed in your direction whilst speaking to the clerk.

“Shove that thing in my face once more and I swear, I will smash it!”

That statement was said with such vehemence that your head automatically snapped in the direction of where it came from. Two people, male and female, walked side-by-side on the sidewalk, heading in your direction. The females’ freckled nose crinkled in agitation as a phone was waved continuously in her face.

“But look at it, Evie!” The male grinned, eyes shining with awe as he tapped the screen of his phone. “When have you ever seen a cat do something like that?!”

‘Evie’ sighed and closed her eyes at his stupidity. “I am so sick and tired of seeing those stupid cat videos! I swear, sometimes I wish you would spend your time looking at porn like normal guys, rather than this rubbish.”

The male looked rather offended as he cradled his phone against his chest. “Stupid?! How could you even think of using that word when describing this cat?! It can play the piano! That’s more than you can do.” He smirks, flicking her forehead.

Evie looked momentarily stunned at the unexpected attack before swiftly glowering and slapping his hand down. “Keep those vile hands of yours to yourself, Jacob.”

“Why? Do they bother you?” Jacob waves a hand in her face, threatening to touch her.

The muscles in her jaw tightened, her eyes narrowing. “Everything you do bothers me. Now remove your hand else I’ll remove it for you.”

“Ooh, touchy. Not PMS’ing again are we, dear sister?” He taunts, clicking his tongue disapprovingly. “What would old Greenie think of he were here to hear such violent threats spewing from your lips?”

A light giggle falls from your lips as you listen to their exchange. There are certainly some interesting people on this Island.

As they pass, Jacob catches your eye, an interested smirk growing on his lips as he notices you unabashedly staring. Biting your bottom lip, your eyes trailed after him, twinkling not only embarrassment, but in amusement as he gives you an interested over the shoulder glance, when he should have been keeping his attention focused on the path ahead. 

“Look out!” You call to him hurriedly, but at a moment too late.  You flinch, feeling the pain as he collides with an iron lamp post that seems to have miraculously materialised from thin air.