Drama Transcends the World of Theatre

I apologise for neglecting this story. I wont lie...Dragon Age momentarily took control of my life, and I found it near impossible to escape. But I've finished all three games now, so Assassin's Creed has taken back its rightful place in my heart ♡
Thank you to all those that continue to read/vote/comment on this book. It means the world to me!

~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~•°~

Maxwell Roth.

There wasn’t a single person on the planet that could say they hadn’t heard the name before. Along with Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp, he, too, was what you could call an A-list celebrity. He was the be all and end all. According to a vast majority of people, there wasn’t a single other celebrity that could hold a candle to his level of eminence.

However...his career somehow took a wrong turn.

Nowadays he’s somewhere in the pantheon  of minor Hollywood royalty. Though respected for his years of experience and endless font of golden-age stories, his penchant for practical jokes and an eclectic lifestyle has made him persona non grata on movie sets – though according to the tabloids, that doesn’t deter him from trespassing on every set he can, much to the dismay of directors and other actors.
Last you heard, Maxwell had gotten a role on Poldark, so it was rather surprising to discover that he was to be your new Drama teacher.

“That very time I saw, but thou couldst not,
Flying between the cold moon and the earth,
Cupid all arm'd: a certain aim he took
At a fair vestal throned by the west,
And loosed his love-shaft smartly from his bow,
As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts;
But I might see young Cupid's fiery shaft
Quench'd in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
And the imperial votaress passed on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.”

The plastic seat you currently occupied squeaked with the slightest of movements, but fortunately did not attract the attention of the other students; they were far too absorbed in Roth’s performance on stage. The man could definitely act, there was never any doubt. But theatre never really was your ‘thing’, and had you taken the responsibility of selecting your own courses rather than allowing Lucy choose, then you would certainly not be here. Food Tech would have been so much simpler, but no, Lucy insisted that your ‘academic brilliance’ not go to waste on - what she referred to as - inferior subjects.

Jacob yawns audibly from his place beside you; it was comforting to know that you weren’t the only one bored out of their mind. On your left sits Evie, who appeared to be the only one offended by her siblings disrespectful antics judging by the slight frown tugging at her lips. Her hand reaches behind you and entangles within the unkempt mass of chestnut hair on her brother’s head, giving a swift and violent tug. Jacob’s bored expression contorts into one of pain, a yelp getting caught in his throat.

You’re unable to control the amused rolling of your eyes and you slump even lower in your seat, letting two pairs of hands fight a silent battle above your head. The row of chairs squeak and groan under their fervent actions, drawing the attention of the other students. Maxwell Roth fails to acknowledge that he has now lost the interest of the audience, and continues playing the role of Oberon as though it was written solely for him. He was a rather intimidating individual, you think; passionate and probably powerful. His presence looms over the entire auditorium, and every word recited is spoken in a booming voice. He smiles in a way that could be threatening or cheerful. 

“Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before milk-white, now purple with love's wound,
And maidens call it love-in-idleness.
Fetch me that flower; the herb I shew'd thee once:
The juice of it on sleeping eye-lids laid
Will make or man or woman madly dote
Upon the next live creature that it sees.
Fetch me this herb; and be thou here again
Ere the leviathan can swim a league.”