'WARNING ROMANCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN'

First little bit of news... Well my own news!

btw this is not a moan, it’s just a bit of news written to make you think.

I've been thinking recently about the whole 'warning' at the start of a story, and I'm not going to lie, I think I've done it with my boyxboy story in the past, but why do we have these warnings?

*Amy shouts* "To warn them about some gay $ex!" (A/N HAhaha)

*Random wattpad member* "To stop bad comments!"

Erm Hello! Do hetero stories have a message at the beginning giving out this warning;

'WARNING THIS IS A ROMANCE BETWEEN A MALE AND A FEMALE, FOR ALL YOU HETROPOHOPES *hehe <- see what I did there :P* BE WARNED THEIR MAY BE STRAIGHT $EX! SO ALL BAD COMMENTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED...'

 No they don’t have a warning!

 So it made me wonder; 'Why should we?' So what! Our stories are LGBT related... A romance between a man and a man; A woman and a woman... Or sometimes (If you're lucky ;) A man, A man and A man, or a Woman, A woman and A woman. The LGBT community - as a whole not only on wattpad, don't want separation from others, as the words of inspirations say - (from somewhere I'm not sure where)...

'Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender = HUMAN'

So as a boyxboy writer myself I wonder why am I separating my story off with a 'scary' warning?

 Okay so there's still this issue about 'gay $ex.' In most LGBT stories - like any other stories it takes a while for the $ex, (Unless it’s a one-shot - because even hetero books have warnings for those baby's ;) Anyway, this means someone will have to be pretty dumb not to realise what they're reading... However I would like to see their faces if they'd believed that they were reading a hetero book, and suddenly they get to the $ex scene and - who they believed all this time was the main girl love interest - whacked out a C*ck... Hahaha *cough cough*

Anyway back to the point;

 If people tag it as LGBT, or make it clear in the description (which most of you do anyway to make the story easier to find.) Then why do people need a warning?! If they had bothered to read the description, then they should know - and if they didn't then it’s their fault - (and you'll have the upper hand if a bad comment was to occur)

 So I'm not asking to get rid of your warning, I'm just giving you the question;

'If heterosexual stories don't have warning why do we?'

-

Written by Laurie.

Give your opinions bellow, or bring up a point in which you think hasn't been mentioned as to why a warning should be necessary, I will love to here what you think on the matter - and I hope this didn't sound like a moan lol, because that's not what I wanted it to be. I thought it was just a funny - get your brains ticking thought. There you go a Random Thought from xxRandomxThoughtsxx.

:D