Part 19: Drunken Accidents

Hey guys! Chapter 19 woohoo!!!
Since we've made it this far, I would love it if you could comment what you think of my story!

Thanks so much _Artemis903_ for the wicked cover!!

Also, while you're at it, if you like it, it would be extra awesome if you could vote as well!
Thanks so much guys!!!

I looked back at Lucas with a gulp to see his mask was off and his eyes red and bloodshot. A part of me told me to be angry that it wasn't Lucas I'd been dancing with, but I couldn't ignore the longing I had that it wasn't him, that it was actually a brown haired bad boy who could me weak at the knees with a smirk.

The person in front of me had a blank expression on their face and now that the lights were brighter I could see they had dark hair and bright green eyes behind the mask that was identical to Lucas's.

I stepped forward slowly and gently pulled the mask away from his face.

I knew who it was. Perhaps I was lying to myself, but I knew it was him.

Mason stood in front of me, his eyes burning into mine but his face unreadable.

"I'm going to kill you." Lucas pushed me out of the way and took a sloppy swing at him which Mason dodged easily. Rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

Lucas stumbled forward slightly and Mason moved protectively in front of me, his arm holding me back as I watched the two boys in shock.

Lucas stared at him, his eyes furious and his mouth in a sharp scowl. I wasn't going to admit it to anyone, but somewhere I knew that voice wasn't Lucas's and I didn't stop because I didn't want to. I didn't stop because I knew that I should really be here with Mason. Only Mason's ignited the fire beneath my skin when we kissed or when he ran his hand gently over my skin. As much as I hated to say, maybe Lucas was just a distraction. I really hoped he wasn't but there was a nagging voice in my head that told me I needed to stop pretending.

Lucas stared at him, his eyes furious and his mouth in a sharp scowl. He looked like a bull with his bloodshot eyes, ready to charge at us.

As Lucas's breathing began to exhilarate, I looked around and saw everyone staring at us. It was like I'd completely forgotten about the fact we were in the ballroom.

I walked past Masons protective body and straight to Lucas.

"Lucas, let's go outside." I whispered and he softened against my hand on his shoulder slightly, but he never took his gaze away from Mason as I pulled him from the floor.

I heard the scrape of two chairs and shoes running behind me. I assumed Mel and Cam were following Mason who was following me.

When we'd made it outside to the damp cold air, Lucas really let loose.

"You stay away from my girl, you little bitch!" He shouted and charged at Mason once again.

I stepped in front of Lucas and held him back, my hands on his chest.

"Your girl!? Are you kidding me?" Retaliated Mason, a smirk on his face as he crossed his arms and stared down at Lucas.

In Lucas's state, I wouldn't doubt he would've tried to start a fight with Mason.
Lucas was strong but not nearly as strong as Mason, and I knew if they did fight, Lucas would more than likely end up incredibly hurt.

"She knew it was me." Mason said coolly. I turned my back to Lucas.

"I did not." Liar. My mind told me.

I did. There was a part of me that hoped it was him, and when his lips met mine I immediately felt him and his prescience. His lips were different to Lucas's; they were soft and gentle, possessive but not dominant and they had feeling behind them.

"Did you?" Lucas's voice was broken and frail now as he stared at me, daring me to say 'yes'.
I was going to say no, but I couldn't bring the words out. He took my hesitation as what he suspected.

"I'm going to kill you! What did you do to her!?"

"Lucas, calm down! Let's just go talk about this." I tried to reason and his eyes snapped to mine. They still had a fire behind them but it dimmed slightly when she looked at me. He was pained and I could see this

Mason grabbed my arm, holding me back as I started to walk with Lucas away from everyone.

"Ashley, you're not seriously going with him?" He asked me incredulously, his grip tightening slightly on my arm.

"I just need to talk to him. There are some things we need to discuss." I said, pulling my arm from his grasp in the least hostile way I could manage.

I glanced back at him as I made my way over to where Lucas was standing by his car. I was surprised to see Mason looking so panicked, he watched after me and kept eye contact until we reached Lucas'a car. I had a bad feeling, but I needed to sort this out.

"Get in. I don't want to talk where they can hear us." I looked down at the door handle like it was on fire. As much as I owed him an explanation, his demand bothered me.
I'll be out in a minute. I reasoned with myself.

I stepped in and sat down, my hands awkwardly between my knees.

"What's going on, Ashley?" He asked, his voice monotonous and not making any eye contact.

"Mason and I are close..." I started, not at all sure how to word this.

"How close?" His hands were on the wheel, turning white around the knuckles with the strength he was grilling the wheel with.

"We kissed before I started seeing you... but since then there's definitely been a connection." I whispered, cautious of his reaction.

"While we were together?" I try my hardest not to correct him. We were never together, really. I mean, I knew he liked me more than I liked him but still, that doesn't constitute as a relationship.
I thought it was not the best time to correct him.

I nod my head slowly.

Just then the locks sounded and the little stick had disappeared from the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice frantic as I picked at the spot where the lock was.

"You're going to wish you hadn't kissed him. I'm taking you home." He said, starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot.

"Lucas, let me out of the car." My voice was shaky but I didn't want to raise it in case it angered him further.

He was already smashed and now driving. I needed to get out.

"Lucas, let me out! Now!" I yelled at him, trying the lock again. At that moment, we passed Mason, Cam and Mel. I stared at them panicked and the look on Masons face will haunt me forever; it was like he'd seen this happen, like he was sensing some weird deja vu. His hands reached out for me and he chased the car until we were going too fast for him to follow.

He took off running towards his bike.

Lucas peeled out of the parking lot at a much too quick speed and sped onto the highway.

I watched at he dodged cars and the speedometer gained quickly.

"Lucas, stop!" I screamed, tears were now streaming down my face as I smacked the window and tried the lock. Anyway to get me out of here.

He swerved in and out of traffic running multiple red lights.

My breathing was quickly gaining and when a group of teens crossed the road laughing and talking I screamed.

"Lucas, look out!" I pointed at the the kids and he hit the breaks causing us to swerve to the side and into something big, hard and painful.

I don't remember much, other than waking up for a slight moment to feel hot thick liquid trickling down my face and into my mouth before blacking out again.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear what you think!!