Part 26: Returning Home

For a cover as cool as this one be sure to check out 1-800-stay-loyal !!

Hey guys, time for another chapter! Sorry this one is a day late, I was quite busy.

Please comment and vote if you like, my work, it means a lot to me :)

The hospital finally gave me the all clear to go home, so when Mason and I had finished packing and he took my bag down to my jeep I went to see dad who was also being sent home tomorrow.

"Hey dad, how are you going?" I asked, standing at the end of his bed.

"Good sweetie, I'm just thankful that I can leave tomorrow. No matter how short the period of time, being in hospital is just no fun at all." I gave him a sympathetic smile and waited for him to speak again.

"I was thinking, maybe you could bring Mason up to the house? I'm sure the cat would love to see you and you could go berry picking at the farm..." I raised my eyebrows amused at his not so subtle hinting.

"Yeah I think he'd like the berry farm, and I'm sure the cat really misses me." I smiled and walked around the bed to kiss him on the forehead.

"We'll come up in about a week or so when uni breaks." He nodded and we said our goodbyes.

It was weird to say goodbye to the nurses who I had become so accustomed to seeing everyday as much as I hated to see that lovely eye candy of a nurse go to waste, I needed to get out of there. When I got in the passenger side of my jeep - albeit incredibly weird to do so - I was just so happy that I was able to finally go home.

"I haven't been back to the apartment in a while so we probably don't have any groceries." The engine roared to life as Mason drove out of the car park.

"Okay, we'll stop off at the supermarket on the way." I nodded, staring out the window and watching the trees and houses pass in a blur.
"Dad offered for us to go up to his place during uni break," I added, watching his reaction carefully.

"Go to your old place? Like with your room and everything?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes my old place with my old room." I laughed and he blushed. God, Mason blushing is something that would occur as rarely as a blue moon, but it sent butterflies through my stomach and heart.

"Uh yeah... yes, yeah. I'd like to go, you know, see where you grew up, stay in your room - I mean, if, you know, your father is okay with it." I had a tight lipped smile adorning my face as I tried to hold my laughter in from watching him fumble with his words.

"Oh god, no. Father would never let us sleep in the same room, you'd have to sleep in his."

"Ha ha, very funny." He said sarcastically and continued driving to the shops.

When he found a park we got out and walked up the damp road under the grey clouds to the entrance.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll just do the lie detector test and you'll be fine." I sped up a little leaving him behind.

"Mason, peanut butter does not go on pasta." I groaned as I pulled the jar from his hand and put it back on the shelf. He  let out a loud hmph and when I turned away I heard the distinct sound of a jar being dropped into a basket.

We shopped around for another fifteen minutes before going to the counter to pay for everything.

I smiled up at Mason as he pulled out his card to our bank account that we put in money for groceries and bills when a hand touched my shoulder.