When Amelia Met Will (Deleted Scene)

It had been a month since Amelia had been in London, after her parents death that she met Will. Her grandmother had been throwing a small get together, inviting all her friends she knew had children or grandchildren about Amelia's and Charlie's age.

Nerves and anxiety threatened to drown Amelia as she was introduced to the fine young ladies and gentlemen that she was soon to go to school with. Forcing a tight lipped smile she had politely said hello, nothing else able to pass through her constricted vocal cords.

After standing uncomfortably for half an hour listening to some girl talk about her recent trip to Venice with her family, Amelia had managed to slip away. She roamed through the party, the laughter of the well dressed women sounding too high and pitchy. The clack of high heels and shuffling of polished shoes gave her an uneasy feeling.

She frantically went searching for Charlie, the only constant, in what she felt, was an ever changing world. She found him, her heart thundering, overwhelmed but she froze before she reached him.

He was laughing with a few other, older boys.

An easy smile lightened his face and she decided at least one of them should have friends. She slowly edged back so he wouldn't notice her, bumping into someone as she did. She made a hasty apology before skittering away. She was hugging the edge of the lively crowd when her ears picked up the sound of music, different from the low classical piece that was floating through the crowd.

Cautiously moving to the door to one of the drawing rooms, she peered around the door frame. The drawing room was lined with dark panels of wood and held wide, leather arm chairs, tucked together in friendly groups. In the right corner, near the glass doors, leading to the patio, stood a mini grande piano. Perched on the bench was a lanky, blonde haired boy. His fingers moved breathlessly over the keys, his touch soft, as if he could heal his pain with the gentleness of his playing.

The sound pulled Amelia slowly through the door, the song somber and filled with an aching she knew all too well. Her gaze darted behind her, making sure she was alone. As she inched forward. The music stopped in a harsh discordant sound. The boy raised his head to look at her, his eyes holding a lost, distant look. He blinked once, the look fading, his focus narrowing to her face. They stared at each other, transfixed by the other's presence.

"You don't have to stop playing," Amelia said, her voice barely above a whisper.

The boy didn't reply and Amelia brushed a foot self consciously along the floor.

"I like it," she said.

His eyebrows raised a hint and the smallest of movements tugged at the corner of his mouth. He settled his hands once more on the keys, his fingers playing out his loss. Settling on a stool to the side of the piano, Amelia tucked her legs beneath her and propped her chin on her hands.

They were found hours later in the same position by Eleanor, closely followed by a stern faced man in a tailored gray suit, his mouth a thin line.

"Amelia, the guests are leaving. It's time to say good bye," her grandmother said.

At the sight of the man, the boy had come to stand erect, hands clasped behind his back.

"William, say goodbye," the man said.

Will held out his hand to Amelia, though he was her age he was already as tall as Charlie.

"Goodbye Amelia," he said, his voice low.

"Goodbye William."

They shared the briefest of smiles and he was gone. Her grandmother guided Amelia to her room, asking how she enjoyed the party, but Amelia's responses had been minimal.

The next time Amelia saw Will was at a different party, but with the same sort of people. She found him in a corner, staring out the window. She approached him, slowly, worried if she startled him that he might leave.

"You can stand with me if you like," he said, without turning around.

Shocked, Amelia's feet stayed planted to the spot. Will looked back, his lips wearing a small, teasing smile, the first of many to come.

"I saw your reflection," he said, pointing to the glass.

Amelia moved to the opposite side of the window, and studied Will's face, his attention back on the world outside.

"I'm sorry about your parents," Will said, softly.

Startled again, words caught in Amelia's throat, choking her and cutting off her breath. She drew in a deep lung full of air and forced the words down. Will watched her, a pained expression glinting in his blue eyes.

"I lost my mom a year ago," Will said, his breath cloudy the glass.

Their pain hung in the air between them, as easy to see as if it had been sun rays cutting through the clouds.

"I'm sorry," Amelia said, her voice choked.

They stared each other, finding comfort in their joined lose.

"Do you want to go outside, Amy?" he asked.

She smiled at the name.

"I do, Will."

With that he unlatched the window and they climbed through, leaving the party and muffling the voices as they pulled the window shut behind them.

***************'

So yup!
That's how Will and Amelia became best friends. What did you think? I love Will! He's one of my favorites! What's your favorite character?

Vote, comment, follow because who doesn't love a good back story!