Caraphernelia

Chapter Eighteen: Caraphernelia

ALEX

Kellin: Plan failed, Rose tasered me, she's back in town at Austin's house...

My face falls as I read Kellin's text twice to see if he was joking. I agreed with the plan to get Rose the hell out of town because there was no way anyone could guarantee her safety. As long as Kellin could talk her out of doing something stupid there was still a small chance they both would come out of this unharmed. But I'd raised Rose and she could be stubborn like me.

"Why the glum face Alex this feeling is amazing. We have those supernatural abominations on the run all across town. I just killed a werewolf."

Jack runs up to me skidding to a stop a few inches away from me. I quickly pocket my phone and try to compose myself, I had to pretend this was still what I wanted.

"How'd you kill the mutt?"

Jack laughs, "silver bullet straight between the eyes. It won't be long until we get to kill Austin and Oliver."

I nod, "well we better get on that then Jack."

Jack whoops and runs off again leaving me to trail behind him. He was in a frenzy and would be very hard to talk down.

AUSTIN

Before Tino could break the news to me, I already had a gut feeling we'd lost another one of our brothers to the damn hunters. I was the alpha and could sense all my pack members, and was horrified as so many fell in such a short space of time.

"What do we do Austin?"

"If the hunters want a battle we'll give them a war, but on familiar turf. Get the word out to the rest the wolves that we need to draw back to the cemetery near the pack house to give ourselves an advantage."

Tino shakes his head, "Austin we're far from the house, it will take some time to get back there."

My thoughts quickly turn to Rose and Kellin who were hiding at the pack house, I had to get back there to take care of my mate.

"Get the word out Tino, we fight on our own territory."

The younger wolf turns on his heels before running off towards where we knew the main bulk of the pack were fending off hunters. No one else was going to die on my watch. It didn't help that I hadn't heard anything from Oliver or Vic since the fight started if they were dead the pack would be the only hope for survival.

OLI

During the fight, I was able to overhear a werewolf conversation stating they wanted to bring the fight to the familiar territory which was the cemetery outside the pack house. I also overheard shocking news that Rose and Kellin were back in town and were hiding out at the pack house. They were in danger and I had to get to them.

However when I sped into the cemetery I quickly realise I was alone, no one else was here yet which was daunting and unnerving. In the distance, I could just about make out the shadow of the pack house where all the lights were off. Something wasn't right, something was off.

Two gun shots ring out echoing between the tombstones, one penetrates my right shoulder, and the other hits my right kneecap sending me kneeling to the cold ground not expecting any attack. Growling, I feel my fangs come out and eyes blacken as rage surges across my whole body.

Out of the shadows waltzes Zack and Rian each holding a gun up towards me, the bullets they'd shot me with were wooden which made the pain even more excruciating. I'd need help getting the bullets out.