#2-Secrets

My response was Uncle Louis pushing me up the stairs and locking me in my dad's room. I try to calm myself.  I can't.  What exactly is One Direction? Was my father really a part of it? Why would he hide it from me? What happened to mom?  I am so confused and tired.  I open my dad's closet door and snoop trough it. It helps me to stop thinking about everything. In the very back there's a shoebox under a pile of clothes and cans of hairspray.  I open the box. Inside? A ton of old magazines. The main focus? Zayn Malik and/or One Direction. This boy is... identical to my father.  I start to read the first one. Its an interview to all the members.  The interview is about how the fame has had an effect on their lives. The only person that seems put down is Zayn.  I look through another magazine and another until the last one. The cover says "What Really Happened To Zayn's Wife, Rose"  I open it as fast as I can and look for the article. "Amanda!" I freeze and look at my uncle Niall. He's looking worriedly from me to the magazine. He curses. "Zayn!!! She found the magazines!!!"Niall hollers. I hear a lot of noise from downstairs and then a thundering up the stairs. My father looks at me panting and manages to say "Amanda bring those downstairs..." I dont dare disobey and walk down the stairs holding the box. I quietly rip out the front page of the magazine on top and stuff it in my shirt. Downstairs Zayn takes the box and and throws it into our fireplace.  I let out a shriek. "No!!! Why did you burn them???"I shout out.  "...Just give me a second, Amanda... Go to your room while I think."He says tiredly. I look at him hurt and walk to my room. I hear a lot of rushed talking.  I slam my door and throw myself on the bed. My head hurts from so much confusion.  I breathe in and out, in and out, in and out. My hair goes up in a bun and I go to my desk. I pull out a black notebook, the spiral spine kind, and a pencil. I start to write.  I am Amanda Thompson. I am sixteen years old. My father is Zayn Thompson and my uncles are Niall, Louis, Liam and Harry.  Then I write "What I've found out:" British boy band One Direction oddly looks like my family. Zayn Malik's wife's name is Rose. She died. They broke up the band 13 years ago; I was 3.  *** I dont know anything else but I will find out soon. I take out my phone and send my best friend a text. "Celes going over in 10 min" I open my closet and pull out a satchel. I put in my notebook, pemcil amd some snacks from my mini fridge. I push open my window and put one foot out. I try to climb out my window smoothly but end up falling like ten feet. I groan and roll over. I stand up and run down the street. My feet pound against the asphalt and I pant. My breath comes out foggy while the November chill creeps into my skin. In no time I make it to Celeste's house.  I knock on the front door. Her parent's cars arent in the drive so I assume they're not home. The front door opens and my friend is still in her school clothes. She hugs me quick and then says, "You're lucky my parents aren't home because I am grounded!!!"

"The Luke thing?"

"Yes. The Luke thing."Celeste says rolling her eyes. We walk upstairs into her room and sit down on the carpeted floor. "So what's the mayor emergency? You never come over that quick." she ask. I hand her a coke and she pops it open.

"Well... you know our assignment for History class?"

"Mhm"

"I found this band named One Direction and the members are identical to dad and my uncles... I think its them but they wont answer a single question about it. I even found magazines about them in dad's closet! And I mean..." Celeste hears the rest of my rant and then her eyes get a little shine that mean she's come up with an idea. "What if..." For the next hour or so we come up with a plan. A brilliant plan to discover if my dad and my uncles really are One Direction. The only flaw? Its five days long.

"Thanks Celeste!!!! You are the b-" My phone starts to ring and when I see the caller ID. I know I am in a whole lot of trouble. "Hello dad..."

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU??? I JUST WENT INTO YOUR ROOM AND YOU ARENT HERE!!! Do you know you could have gotten hurt or died. Or someone might have kidnapped you!!! Are you crazy??? Now, WHERE are you???" His voice blasts through my phone speaker and I wince. "I'm near Celeste's house..."

"I am going to pick you up right now!!!" and he hangs up abruptly.

"Celes thanks for everything but I have to go. My father is going to murder me." I say hugging her and putting everything in my satchel. I run downstairs and then down the street. I hear a car horn and my dad's car stops beside me. I get in. its deadly quiet. "So, umm dad tomorrow I was thinking that maybe, you know since its Saturday, I could go out...?"I say smiling nerviously.  He scoffs. "Go out? You are grounded Missy." So much for day one of my amazing plan.