Step Two and a Half

I wake up late in the afternoon and immediately set to work on Step Two of my plan. I pick out a beige pencil skirt from my closet, a blue blouse, fake black glasses, make up and low heels and put them in my satchel, along with the I.D., wedding ring and pictures. I go downstairs and eat a delicious but quiet lunch with my dad. "Look, dad... I'm sorry I went out yesterday without your permission I really am..."i say quietly. He looks at me and smiles. "It's ok Mandy. I was just really worried about you. Promise me you'll never do anything like that ever again." "I promise!'I say and hug him. Then he goes to teasing me. I love my dad, even with our petty little fights we're like best friends. After all he's the only parent I have left. He holds me at arms length and looks at me. He gets this faraway look in his eyes. "Amanda... its just that you look so much like your mother... I dont want anything to happen to you...,"tears trickle down the corners of his eyes,"Like what happened to her..." Curiosity begs me to ask because I have a feeling that she didnt really die in a car accident but I know I shouldnt push him. Instead, I hug him and say "I love you too, dad."

***

After our little sad moment at home, Dad gives me a ride to the mall. I say I'm going to the movies but really its where Step Two begins. I go to the mall restroom and walk into a stall. I put on the clothes I brought from home. I take out the pictures and look at myself in the mirror. I make my makeup exactly the same as mom's. It wont be a trouble impersonating her. We are almost identical. We have the same chocolate brown hair and green eyes and we're pretty alike, except for my nose and lips they're Zayn's. I pull my hair back and luck at myself in the mirror. Its like I'm looking at one of mom's photo's.  Now to impersonate my mother.