Carlisle Cullen

You worked at Forks Hospital, as a nurse, and you were lucky enough to work with Dr. Cullen. He could work at any hospital, no one knows why he chooses to stay at Forks, but you've become quite close with him, he's become the only one you can actually go to. Your family disowned you when you came out as trans and no one ever really wanted to be friends with the 'weird tomboy'.

You had recently been diagnosed with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Almost no one knows what that is. So, Let's explain.

FOP is an extremely rare connective tissue disease. The disease is caused by a mutation of the body's repair mechanism, which causes fibrous tissue (including muscle, tendon, and ligament) to be ossified spontaneously or when damaged. In many cases, injuries can cause joints to become permanently frozen in place. Surgical removal of the extra bone growths has been shown to cause the body to "repair" the affected area with even more bone.

So, basically whenever some injury is sustained, as the body heals, it causes muscles, tendons and ligaments in the body to turn to bone. Hollywood would struggle to come up with a more nightmarish condition than FOP. And frankly, if it did, we probably wouldn’t believe that it was real.

Now, before you start thinking this is exactly the kind of disease that gets someone recruited to the X-Men, let’s just correct some of those misconceptions. Over time, this process will slowly paralyze you, locking your body into place and affecting your ability to perform even the most rudimentary tasks.

Why not just cut the bone out you say? Well as the body tries to heal itself guess what gets created? That’s right, more bone.

With only a few hundred cases confirmed worldwide, FOP is pretty uncommon. However, there’s no cure and no treatment so chances are you’ll die before the age of 40, by which point you’ll have petrified to the stage where all you can do is move your lips. This means you have to stop taking testosterone and you can't get top surgery or anything. You are completely fucked. You're not even allowed to work anymore.

You sigh hearing your doorbell ring. You slowly get up, moving has become very hard.

"Oh, hello Carlisle, would you like to come in?" You greet, finally opening the door.

"Yes, please." He nods as you move out of the way letting him step in. You look down ashamed as you slowly walk back to the sofa.

"Sorry, moving is becoming harder and harder these days." You apologize.

"No worries." He puts an arm around you, helping you keep steady as you're about to fall. You can't help but blush.

"I actually came here with a proposition." He said as you two finally sat down.

"Proposition?" You look at him confused.

"Do you trust me?" He asks looking into your eyes. His eyes are like golden honey, they're so beautiful.

"Of course I do." You nod, of course you trust him, he's the only one you have.

"As do I, that's why I'm telling you..." He pauses and you just wait patiently. "(Y/n), I'm not human, not anymore, not for a long time. I'm a vampire."

"A vampire?" You say unconvinced, raising an eyebrow. Okay, that's not where you thought this was going.

He just nods, "Don't worry though, I'm on a strict all animal diet." He says seriously.

"Carlisle, I've known you for how many years? I've seen you eat numerous times." You sigh, wondering where this joke is going.

"You have known me for quite some time, how much have I aged? Human food is easy to get down, it just tastes... Bland, a bit gross. A little like dirt." He says honestly. You think about it, he's right, he hasn't aged a day, he still looks twenty…