nineteen

Michael's POV

I had my arm wrapped around Allie's shoulder as we sit in the back of the room where our classes would be held. They should start any minute now but at the moment the kids, who all looked our age, were just talking and goofing around. Every now and then someone would sneak a glance at us.

"This is stupid, I thought if we were supposed to be insane it would at least get us out of school." Allie groans.

I chuckle. "Me too. School makes people insane."

I look around the room and see the majority of the guys staring at Allie with looks that didn't make me quite comfortable.

"These guys are staring at you and I don't like it." I whisper into her ear.

"Aw is someone jealous?" She smirks, whispering back.

"I don't like when people look at you that way. You're mine and only mine." I tell her.

"Exactly. So it doesn't matter if they look at me, I'll always be yours." She presses a soft kiss to my lips and I smile.

The "teacher" then walks into the room. He looks like he is actually a doctor.

"Hello! We have two new patients here today. They were in the hospital ward for a few days but they moved into this floor last night. Allie, Michael, please stand." He stands in front of everyone and motions to us.

Allie and I both groan in unison and stand up. We both give a small wave and sit back down.

"I'm Dr. Johns, one of the doctors here and also your teacher in Mondays and Wednesday." He tells us then starts talking about some old book.

Allie and I sit in the back, leaning against the wall, whispering to each other the entire time. We don't pay attention to the lesson and are lost in our own little world. I don't see the point in having to learn in a mental hospital anyways.

At one point during the lesson, the lights flicker and Allie jumps.

"I'm scared, Michael." She whispers.

"Why, babe?" I whisper back.

"They haven't came in 5 days. They could come back at any moment." She says sadly.

"But we'll be here for each other when that moment comes. I promised you that you'd get out of this, remember?" I press a kiss to her temple.

"Okay." She whispers and stares off into space.

Dr. Johns continues to talk, now about Math. Math was always my worst subject so I don't even try to understand the mix of letters and numbers on the board. I tap my fingers onto the desk in the tune of different songs, waiting for it to be lunch time.

"I'm bored, Allie." I mumble.

"I can't help you there." She teases.

I place my hand on her thigh and run my hand up and down underneath the table.

"Michael!" She scolds me quietly as my hand gets further up her leg.

"What?" I ask innocently as I squeeze her thigh.

"Stop!" She looks at me wide eyed.

"Does it make you nervous?" I whisper slowly into her ear and I feel her shiver.

"Michael" She whines and I laugh, earning a couple stares from people around us.

"Okay, lunch time!" Dr. Johns announces and everyone walks quickly out of the room.

Allie and I take our time walking out and getting our food, finding a lonely table to sit at in the corner away from other people.

"I can already tell, being here is gonna suck." Allie says and I nod in agreement.