One Last Game

Your nails dug into the earth all the way to the manor, harshly threatening to rip off when you got to the cement pathway. Tears were down your cheeks now. You were so close to freedom. Finally, you were drug through the front doors of Trancy Manor and thrown into the middle of the foyer.

"Your highness -" started Claude, only to be stopped by Alois.

"Shut it, Claude," snapped Alois and you heard boot clicks make their way over to you. They stopped just before you, and then there was a hard kick to your stomach. "You lost! You stupid girl! Why don't you get that?! You lost our game! You belong to me now! You don't get freedom!"

You didn't bother answering or even looking at Alois. He growled then grabbed your hair and forced you to look at him. Alois stared at you for a moment, the tears in your eyes getting to him, and then he dropped you. "It doesn't matter. I'm going to put you where you'll never get away."

You tried to move away, but Alois kneeled in front of you and took your face in his hands and rubbed your cheeks with his thumbs. He had a twisted smirk on his lips and a malicious, lustful look in his eye. "Don't worry, [Name], you won't suffer down there like I did. I've had Claude make it all proper and pretty. You'll be a princess in a royal jail cell."

You couldn't help but stare wide eyed at him, your heart racing and breath shaking.

"No!" you yelled and shoved away from Alois.

Alois looked back at Claude, who nodded then came over and picked you up around the waist and carried you under his arm like luggage. Alois lead the way to a panel in the wall that slid open to reveal a long, stone stair case. Following it down, the panel closed behind you and torches began to light themselves. You shook as you reached the bottom; it really was a jail cell, complete with bars and a lock. Inside was done up in your favourite colours and had a large plush bed, a desk, a few tables and some chairs along with a couch and a few bookcases full of books. The floor was carpeted with an intricate lace design and the ceiling had a small chandelier in the middle.

"This is where you will be living now, [Name], do you like it?" asked Alois, causing you to scowl. "And don't try to get away again, either. I'll have guards down here when I'm not with you myself. You won't escape me again. You'll never leave me. You'll always be mine."

"I don't want to go in there!" you cried, wriggling in Claude's grip.

"You've forced his Highness' hand," said Claude simply as he put you in the cell. "You'll stay here whether you like it or not."

Alois grinned at Claude then turned it to you before heading towards the stairs once more. You clung to the bars, trying to get to him. You were going to kill that brat.

"How about another game, Alois! Chess! Best two out of three?! Please!" you sobbed; Alois stopped and glanced at you over his shoulder then sighed.

"Alright, [Name], best two out of three. Claude, my special chess set," Alois demanded.

Claude nodded then disappeared up the stairs. When he did, Alois strode over to press himself against the bars where you were. You tried to back away, the night before playing across your mind, but he put his arms through the bars and wrapped them around you. "It will be just like last time. You will not win, and I will have you. Forever."

You trembled now, staring at the possessive light in Alois' eyes as he said this. Alois smirked, then glanced over at the stairs where Claude had reappeared.

"Where would you like to play, your highness?" he asked, Alois' smirk grew as he turned back to you.

"In the cell," was all he said. Claude bowed and unlocked the door, then handed the box off to Alois as he shut and relocked the door. "This way you don't get any thoughts – and I can have you when you lose."