10| Lake

Waking up I reach my hand out behind me to feel if Jace is still in bed. Confused when I don't feel him, I sit up and pull the covers off me. Where'd he go?
Standing up I walk into the bathroom to get a shower and get changed I feel all hot a sweaty; it must be warm outside because all the windows are open. Looking in the mirror I see my mark which causes a huge smile to appear on my face.
"Are you up yet?" Jace says through our mind link. I completely forgot we had that.

"Just getting a shower now." I reply locking the bathroom door behind me. When I get out I dry my hair and curl it at the ends. We have the big meeting/presentation tonight so I thought I'd do my hair nice. Walking out the bathroom I go to the closet and get out some tight jogging bottoms and black crop top and put them on with some socks. It's my lazy excuse for clothes today. I head down to Jen's room where I see Val inside with her.
"Hey guys?" I shout down the hall. They both walk out and come down the stairs with me to meet everyone in the living room.
"Where is everyone?" Jen asks walking around to find no one, the house is completely silent for a change. Normally Pogues loud chewing surrounds the whole hearing system. "Maybe they are outside?" Val asks. We head outside, there are so many people I can't make out who anyone is out. There are surely around 200 people here right now.
"What the hell, I didn't know this many people were coming!" Jen shouts making a few people stare.
"There she is the new Luna." I heard a few people whisper as I walked through the big crowd to find Jace. I feel bad as I have to shove a few people out the way as they are like nails and won't budge a step. "Sorry." Is all I say repeatedly moving through the crowd.
"Hey you're up." Jace said when we finally found him. He was standing with a few people talking to them.
"I'm Alpha Xavier, this is my mate Hayden." A tall, muscular man smiled down at me. I turned towards his mate who smiled also. She was about my height with brown hair and hazel eyes.
"Ava how about you show Hayden and the other girls around the pack house?"
"Come this way." I laugh with Hayden as she follows me. Along the way we bump in Hayden's friend Leila.
"Hi, mind if I come along?" She smiles. "Not at all!" I laugh. Leila had blonde hair and bright blue eyes; she seems like a really nice girl. Jace ran after us stopping me while introducing a lot more people. Hayden and Leila introduced me to Sophie and Eliza who were mates with Logan and Kieran. Logan was Xavier's beta and Kieran was his 3rd. Most of the girls looked bored as we all had the same fake smile plastered on our faces.
There were a lot of us which I wasn't very used to, 7 in fact. It made me feel quiet and shy but I needed to make a good impression for Jace, to look strong and like a leader... I think that's what he wants?
Me, Val, Jen, Hayden, Leila, Sophie and Eliza headed into the house just to talk and get to know each other a bit more. When I opened the door Leila looked a little strange and agitated.
"Are you okay Leila?" I ask concerned. "Yeah, my wolf is pacing really fast around in my mind?" She says before we hear a loud banging sound. Quickly turning around we see Pogue stood in the living room wide eyed as a broken bowl of chips scattered the floor.
"Mate!" He growled, shoving me out the way so he could stand directly facing Leila. I turned around to see them both smiling at each other. His wolf just took over.
"So what is my beautiful mates name then?" Pogue wiggled his eyebrows at her laughing. "Leila." She smiled shyly hugging him trying to hide her rosy face.
"You can show Leila around the house if you want?" I said to Pogue.
"One second let me just tidy my room is like a dump." He says running heading towards the stairs but stops. Turns around and kisses Leila of the head before heading back up them to his room.
"Let me just tell you Leila, he's a handful." I laugh gesturing the girls to follow me into the kitchen. "Oh god." She laughs.
After talking for a little while I learnt quite a lot about everyone and we talked about how we met our mates. Some were very interesting.

(Hayden)

"I met Xavier when I was a Rogue, I accidentally trespassed on his land. His beta found me and tried to kill me (Logan) but luckily Xavier came just in time. I wasn't a bad rouge I was left as a pup and was raised by humans. I had to leave as I was putting them in danger. I'm good friend with Xavier's beta now though, there's no bad blood."