ten

"So what do we do with his car?" Calissa asks as we sit in the diner the next morning, sipping on coffee.

"I'm taking it to his match," I reply. She looks at me as if I'm insane. "I can use the Internet to find the stadium and where it's located, and have Google Maps guide me there."

"You're insane if you think I'm not going with you," she chuckles.

"Well," I sigh, "I was hoping you would," I say as I hand her a ticket for the game.

"No way!" she squeaks.

"I got these a long ass time ago and now this is the perfect opportunity," I smirk.

"But are you even sure he'd wanna see you again? He did leave you-"

"He kissed me, Cal. If he didn't want to see me, he wouldn't have dropped such moves before his departure," I explain.

That was a lie. I knew he wanted me to come to his game because he simply texted me: If you have tickets, I'd love to see you at the match. xx

I responded with a lie, saying I couldn't get any because it's clearly a waste of money, and even if I wanted to, it'd be sold out. I hope he took the bait because I really wanted to see the look on his face when I was wearing an expensive copy of his jersey as I surprised him in the parking lot beside their coach bus.

He also texted me about his car, and I told him he could come get it anytime he wanted but to keep his distance from me as my dad no longer liked him for leaving me without my knowledge.

Of course I like him, who couldn't. He charmed me the whole of his visit and claimed my heart basically as his. I couldn't just let our light die out because I was selfish to think he left because of me. He left because his fans meant the world to him and, after all, his career was on the line.

"When do we leave?" Calissa asks, slipping me out of my thoughts.

I take the last sip of my coffee, and stand after replying sternly, "Now."

••at the hotel••

"I can't believe I'm gonna get to watch the SidemenFC play right in front of my eyes!" she shrieks, jumping around the hotel room.

"Look at where we're seated!" I call out from the bathroom as I removed my makeup.

I hear her footsteps race to me, and her body slams into mine, her arms wrapping around my torso tightly.

"You're the best friend anyone could ever have!" she shouts, repetitively pecking my cheek. I laugh at her reaction to having the closest seats to the field possible.

"I'm gonna wear sunglasses," I say as I walk out of the bathroom, holding up my sunglasses, "and this hat," I add as I also hold up a SidemenFC cap.

"Don't you think he'll recognize those lips," Calissa teases. I slap her arm, both of us giggling.

Tomorrow afternoon I'd be in disguise near the field that the boy I had strong feelings for would be sprinting back and forth on. And all I could feel was crippling anxiety.

••at the match••

"Hey, he's taking pictures with fans," Calissa whispers as she points to Simon, who was stood inside a group of teenage girls and boys who idolized his work with a soccer ball, and probably his looks. "Should I go get a picture with him?" she teases.

"Shut up, you'll more than likely get some later," I reply as I pull her to the gate.

••after the game••

They won, 4-3. Simon scored two of the goals, Josh assisted them both. Joe Sugg, another teammate of Simon's, scored one of them, and then Tobi, one more member of the club, the last one.

Of course, I squealed both times Simon scored. He would follow it each time, his eyebrows furrowed and his face screwed into a knot as he scanned the area of the crowd he thought he had heard it from.

As the two teams jogged off the field after the winning one accepted their trophy and gave a heartfelt speech, Calissa and I quickly rose from our seats and raced out to their coach bus.

"Where are they?" she asks, tapping her foot impatiently.

"I don't know but patience is key, Cal," I tease with a chuckle, and she mocks my happy face. I turn to look behind me, seeing if anyone had appeared at the other side of the bus, soon getting a tap on the shoulder.

When I turn back around, my eyes meet a shocked Simon, who's frozen in place. Josh grins as he sees me, dragging Simon towards me.

"You can hug her, Mone," Josh chuckles as Simon continues to just gaze into my eyes with his mouth ajar. Once his spell has broken, he wraps his arms around me and squeezed me tightly.

Without warning, Simon removes his face from my shoulder and presses it against my own, our lips connecting. My fingers linger on his jaw, a smile forming on both of us.

"Miss me?" I giggle as we part.

"I'm so sorry I left you like that-"

"Don't you dare be sorry for being selfless for your fans," I interject. "And teammates," I grin as I stare at them all. "You played great," I compliment, hugging him once more.

"Thanks, love," he replies into the embrace.

"You've proven to me that you aren't about the fame, Si. You're about who you love," I say, caressing his cheek with a wide smile placed on my face.

"I sure am all about you," he flirts, pecking my lips again. "And now that I'm no longer busy, I plan on spending my days with you, Amari Hall."

We give each other a longing look, then he says goodbye to his friends before meshing our fingers together and telling me to lead him to the car I took to get here.

When we get to his car, his eyes light up. "We're reunited again, baby!" he shouts as he sprints to the hood, hugging the automobile as best he could.

The End