Chapter Twelve: Perfect

Chapter Twelve:

Perfect

_________________________

We pulled into Cameron's drive way and parked, all of us hurrying into the house because it was so cold outside. Dale had called my mom and explained everything to her also telling my dad that he would keep and eye on us. My dad always managed to embarass me in anyway possible, most of the time not on purpose.

I met Andy, Cameron's mom, when we entered. She fussed at Cameron for wearing his shoes onto the hardwood floor and leaving wet snow where he stepped. Andy quickly turned her head to me and smiled as she stuck her hand out, "You must be Sophia, Cameron's tutor," I shook her hand na dnodded my head as if to say 'yes'. Cameron sighed at the word Tutor and gradually tried to pry me from his mother's conversations about him when he was little. Evidently he used to run around the house in cowboy boots, underwear, and a cowboy hat while yelling "Yee Haw!". I was never letting him live that one down, that's for sure.

Andy shooed us off so Cameron could give me something to sleep in.

I followed Cameron into his bedroom, taking in the Navy Blue walls and the random posters of basketball players on them. Like he did to me, I looked at a few framed pictures that were sat on his dresser. Only one caught my eye, Danielle. I almost gagged on my spit when I looked at the picture. It had several people in it including a Shirtless Cameron and his parents along Danielle, and older girl who looked like Danielle and two other older people that must've been Danielle's parents. They all stood on a sandy beach with the waves in background.

"I thought you didn't like Danielle?" I asked Cameron as I pointed to the picture frame in my hands. He glanced up from digging in the drawers of his dresser, a pair of grey sweatpants in his hands. He shook his head at me.

"I don't. She's a stalker. You'd think her being a year older she'd not want to mess with me, but she does," He stood up and walked over to me with the sweatpants in his hands, "Our families are kind of close. We go to the beach house her parent's own every summer. That's her big sister," He pointed to the older girl that I thought looked like Danielle. I nodded and waited for Cameron to go on with his story.

"I guess Danielle thinks she owns me or something because of that. It's not like I want to go to the beach with her. I like going to beach, just without her. I'm forced to go every year." He said matter-of-factly. I placed the frame back on the dresser and faced him, "Well that sucks. I mean, the Danielle part, not the Beach part. I like the beach too." I smiled triumphantly at the one thing we had in common. Cameron smirked as he stepped closer to me, our chests almost touching.

"We'll have to go there together sometime, then." I could have shrieked under his stare when my heart began to beat out of my chest. Could he hear that? The self-consious side of me was screaming. I freaked out, right then and there.

"I-I, um, are these for me? Thanks! Hey, can I borrow this sweatshirt to? I can just wear my cami underneath it and that'll be fine. I'll be right back!" I rambled nervously as I jerked Cameron's team basketball sweatshirt off his door knob and rushed out of the room. I turned left, hoping to find the bathroom on my own.

"Other way, Soph," Cameron chuckled at me. I gulped as my face turned red, turning the other way and heading towards the bathroom I could now see clearly. I avoided his stare while I walked past his bedroom again. I quickly went into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, locking it. What did I get myself into? It's not like I could refuse to stay here. For one thing, it wouldn't have been polite of me to say no to an offer of a nice warm house. For another, It's dangerous for them to take me home in this weather.