Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful

(I just wanted to let you see what Cameron was thinking at this moment! Sorry for such the short POV!)

Chapter Sixteen:

Being Helpful

____________________________

Cameron's POV

A smile stretched across my face so wide when I heard the word "Yes" come out of Sophia's mouth. I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up, spinning around so she was on the edge of the porch. A giggle erupted from her mouth and she smiled up at me.

"I'll see you later?" I said in a low voice, resting my forehead against her's. She nodded her head and beamed at me. I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips before stepping to the side and letting her unlock her front door. She stepped inside and waved goodbye to me before shutting the door completely.

With a warm, fuzzy, feeling swirling around inside me, I walked away reluctantly. There is nothing I'd like more than to just go lay down with her. Stare at the ceiling and talk. It sounds so good right now that I'm having trouble walking in the opposite direction towards my truck.

There is nothing that could make me happier right now.

*

Sophia's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face the next morning. I'm usually a morning person, but today I am definitely am. My mom and dad are going to think I'm going crazy or something from all the happiness coming from just my smile.

I reached school just a little bit after leaving the house and made my way straight for my locker where I hoped Amber would be waiting. I texted her last night about what had happened. It kind of seems crazy for me to do that, but she really has proved herself to be my best friend again and be trustworthy.

But now, seeing her whispering to Danielle, I'm having regrets.

Slowly, I approached Amber after Danielle walked away with a mean expression on her face. Amber went about her way towards my locker. She jumped and held her hand to heart when she laid her eyes on me, obviously startled that I saw her with Danielle. I thought she didn't like her.

"So, what did she want?" I asked her as I twisted my combination and opened my locker.

"She was just ya know..." Her voice faded when she looked the other direction. I had my own suspicions but right now I was in to good of a mood to ask her crazy questions about why she was talking to the enemy. That sounds more childish than I thought it would. Just as I shut my locker a pair of arms covered my eyes. My back was suddenly pressed up against another's and my hands automatically lifted to the person's hands covering my eyes. The smell of someone familiar floated through air and I knew who it was.

"Guess who," Cameron said in a high pitched girly voice. I couldn't hold back the smile stretching on my face.

"Gee, I don't know." I played along. Through his fingers I could see Amber with an astonished look on her face. It was like she was seeing me for the first time. Then another figure which could only be the blonde that calls himself Cameron's best friend, Adam.

"Cameron I know it's you." I twisted myself around and was now trapped in his arms and pressed up against his chest. I could hear my heartbeat in my chest beating a million times in one second, my breath hitched in my throat when I saw his face. He looked just so... handsome. I always knew he was cute, but now he's all mine. And I can call him handsome if I want to.