Lost And Found

Monica

After my long shift at the club all I wanted to do was take a hot steamy shower, lay in my plush bed, and cuddle up with a tub of cotton candy ice cream and watch Love and Hip Hop Atlanta.

When I pulled in my driveway I checked the mail like I usually do everyday. I was shocked to see another note from Yonica.

Dear Mo,

I'm not sure if you got my letter that I sent the other day or not. I would love it if you could pay me a visit at the Pure Life rehab facility located in Chicago. It would make me so happy to see you. Did you have a good birthday? If you didn't I attached some money to the back of this note.

Love
Yonica

I flipped the note over and saw Monopoly money taped to the back.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked myself and tossed the note and the game money into my trash can.

My twin sister is officially crazy. I didn't want to see her and I wasn't going to. Hell I don't want to see anybody from my past.

I parked my car in the garage and proceeded inside my house. Once I was inside I noticed I had a missed call from Romeo.

I called him back and headed upstairs. The phone laid on the bathroom counter while I undressed from my clothes.

"Hello?" Romeo said over the phone.

"Hey babe." I put it on speaker.

"Sup. What are you doing?" I heard a lot of noise in the background.

"Uh... Just getting home from work. I'm assuming that you're having fun."

"Why do you think that?" He asked.

"There's a lot of noise going on in the back ground."

He slightly chuckled. "It's a little get together with the guys."

"Mmmm. Okay well I won't ruin your little fun. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Alright. Love you"

"Love you too."

I hung up my phone and placed it on the charger. Once I took my shower I ended my night watching television and soon fell asleep.

Morning

Monica

"A...B...C...D...E...F...G." I said along with my class.

"What comes after G Tommy?" I asked one of my students.

"Umm." He said putting his little finger on his chin. "K?"

I laughed a little. "No. Nice try. What comes after G Nia?" I asked another student.

"H!" She shouted and smiled.

"Good job." I said and handed her a sticker.

I continued singing the alphabet song then I gave them all snacks.