Alternative Epilogue Competition

I'm happy to announce that the winner of the Currents Alternative Ending Competition is Smilie254 !

This was an incredibly hard decision to make as all the entries were so good. I had to sit down and make lengthy notes on each epilogue to try to organise my thoughts and decide on a winner.

As this was the first one-shot competition I've run, it was also very special to read different writers' interpretations of my characters, and I especially loved the little details that each entry included which showed a deeper understanding of the story and people within it.

A special shout-out to the below, too:

@Joanna_Baxx

@purplestarlightqueen

@averi-

@lavish_writer

@read_write_meg

@taaam1

Thank you to everyone who entered!

Honest || alternative epilogue by Smilie254

"You could have called," Mia said, tugging at the edges of her robe. It was the very robe I had sent to her for Christmas the year before.

"I know," I said.

Giving me a weak smile, Mia stepped aside, allowing me into the room. Kicking the door closed behind us, she hugged her arms around herself, obviously uncomfortable with her current attire.

There was someone else that wasn't entirely happy with her current attire, too, and he had no problem hiding it.

"Rosie," Austin said, shuffling his feet obnoxiously against the ground as he walked. Leaning in, Austin pressed the customary two kisses to either of my cheeks. "What an un-nice surprise. We haven't seen you in at least three months."

Austin, Mia, and Brent had all flown out to London for a Christmas visit. After the long, and wonderful, second summer the four of us had spent together, they had decided to surprise me, and I happily accepted the company.

To say the feeling was mutual in this situation, however, would be a lie.

"Your grammar's gotten better," I said to him. "And sorry. I didn't think-"

"That we'd be having sex when you unexpectedly dropped by?"

Mia's face reddened. "Austin," she scolded.

"What?" Austin defended. "She knows. I'd start to think she was stupid if she didn't."

"Is Brent around?" I asked, not wanting to bicker back and forth with Austin. It was obvious just how frustrated he was with my poor timing.

Mia shook her head. "I'm sure he's at work," she said. "Was he expecting you?"

"No," I muttered. "I just wanted to surprise him."

"So you came here?" Austin laughed. "I'd hope he wasn't up to the idea of a threesome with Torts and I. Don't know how that idea got in your head. Must be some British custom you never told us about."

"Why'd you fly all the way out here?" Mia asked, ignoring Austin's comment. "Didn't you have some big tests this week and the next?"

I shook my head no. "I took them early."

Mia smiled suggestively. "Even when your not an official couple, you two honestly can't keep your hands off each other," she said. "I swear! Brent was just in London a month ago."