Special Story The Ring -Sweet-

As I leave the store, I see a blond girl who kind of looks like Serena.

I haven't seen her in a while. I thought I'd run into her at school...

I wonder if everything's okay with her.

(Maybe I should pay her a visit at the Palace.)

I ask at the reception about her, and they tell me she's out running errands.

Receptionist:"Do you want to wait for her?"

"Do you think she'll be back soon?"

Receptionist:"Who knows. If she's out shopping, it could take a while."

"I see."

The receptionist gives me an impatient look.

(Maybe I should come some other time. I'm beat after all that shopping, though. Maybe I'll have something to drink at the restaurant before I leave.)

I make up my mind and head straight to the restaurant.

I order some ice tea and just hang out busying myself with some people-watching.

A girl in her early twenties catches my eye. She's really pretty, and she's also wearing the most beautiful diamond necklace I've ever seen.

She's having coffee and chatting with a young guy.

(Wait a second. Is that...?)

I squint my eyes and see that it is in fact, Izaac, a guy I met at that party a while ago.

As if on cue, he turns in my direction. I look away as fast as I can.

But I'm pretty sure he noticed me staring.

(Wait... is that the same girl?)

Izaac:"Did your parents not teach you that it's bad to eavesdrop on people?"

(Crap! Maybe I should just go.)

Just as I'm about to get up and leave, waiter comes to my table.

Waiter:"Hello. Is everything okay, do you need anything?"

"Everthing's great. Thanks."

Leaving now would probably just attract more attention, so I decide to stay and be cool.

But I can't help but keep stealing glances at Izaac and the girl.

She's all smiles, chatting away as he looks at her with an unreadable expression.

All in all, they seem to be fairly close.

(Are they a couple? She looks older than him.)

The girl's expression suddenly becomes serious as she grabs something from her bag and places it in front of Izaac.

It looks like a check...

He doesn't even look at it and just pockets it.

They exchange a few more words and then get ready to leave.

Izaac doesn't even spare me a look as he escorts the woman out of the restaurant.

(What was that all about?)

I feel kind of bad about paying so much attention to them, but for some reason I feel really curious.

I drink up the rest of my tea and leave the restaurant.

Resigned to not seeing Serena, I make my way out of the hotel.

Until someone steps right in front of me, blocking my path.