Reason

(Quick update. This song won't get out of my headddd)

Jake-

Waking up in a dark room was a blessing to Jake's headache. It felt like he'd been hit in the back of the head with a frying pan, though as his memory started to flood back, he knew that the pain had been caused by Jana. It was worrying to know that his brother had done such a thing, and clearly on purpose, but for some reason, Jake couldn't shake the happiness that curved his lips. 

I have a big brother. 

Jana needed a lot of help, but Jake knew that there was something else there. His brother wasn't just an aggressive person. There was more to him. The few times he'd met him before the previous evening were proof enough. 

He 's really, honestly, a sweetheart. He just doesn't seem to know how to show it. 

Of course, what caused Jana to snap was slightly lost on Jake, though. He knew that it was technically him, but why? He had no clue. 

"Hello, Jacob." 

Unsurprised, Jake turned his head on the pillow to see Jade slowly step inside the room, then shut the door before walking over. He turned the lamp by the bedside on to its lowest setting, allowing just a faint glow to illuminate the closer portions of the room. The warmth of Jade's palm pressing against his forehead relaxed Jake almost to the point of slipping back to sleep. 

"Still tired, I see." Jade stated with a hint of humor to his tired voice. 

Jake smiled, then yawned. He did still feel really tired, but he didn't want to go back to sleep. Now that he was full conscious, he could feel his throat aching painfully and his headache had doubled. There would be no more sleeping for a bit. 

"Would I be able to have something to drink, please sir?" 

Jade frowned for only a fraction of a second before he managed to cover it up and nod. "Of course, are you feeling alright besides your throat? I'd assume it's quite sore, but that should go away with time." 

Jake took a moment and did a mental inventory of his body. Indeed, his throat and head were the only two things that were really hurting. "Just a headache besides my throat." He replied, wincing a little at the soreness. 

"I'll get you some medicine for the pain, too. Be back in a moment." 

The moment Jade's warm hand disappeared from his face, Jake knew that he was in trouble. Not just because he'd used sir again, but because he really wanted to call the man back and tell him to forget about the medicine and water. He just wanted him there. 

Grumbling, he ducked his head beneath the pillow and heaved a stressed sigh. I need to get back to Adam. Being here is just going to put more stress on both of us, and I don't want to bother Jade anymore than I already have. 

Besides, he liked Adam fine. The man wanted to help him, and was honestly doing a good job just from what he'd done so far. I have to work tomorrow, too. The idea was surprisingly uplifting, though. He hadn't been able to keep a solid job down yet. It was his chance to finally get his feet beneath him and begin walking as an adult. 

When he heard the door open a minute later, Jake forced himself to sit up. He was going to move back against the headboard, but Jade was suddenly behind him, gently pulling him back and into his lap. Strong arms wrapped around him and Jake nestled right into them hungrily. There was silence for several moments, but Jake was perfectly fine with the quiet. He needed the attention after all the craziness that had happened, and Jade seemed to know that.